cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTML in Third Generation Editor

TWS

Re: Is there a HTML code view to edit a Template?

agree....I don't know why constant contact keeps removing features everytime they introduce something new

CTCT Employee

Hey @TWS,

Thank you for the feedback, we will happily pass along your vote to bring back the HTML option. I apologize for any inconvenience the removal of this feature may have caused. Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Desi_B
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!
Established Member

The templates are useless to me without the html option.

CTCT Employee

Hi @EmilyS1

Thank you for reaching out to the Constant Contact Community. It's my pleasure to assist you today.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience surrounding the HTML feature in the Third Generation Editor. I'm happy to submit the feedback on your behalf to our developers. Was there something in particular you like to edit in the code that we can assist with? Maybe there is a workaround that we can go over to remedy the situation. In the meantime, please feel free to reach out to us here if you need anything else.

Thank you for choosing Constant Contact. Have a great day!

Adrienne B.

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!
All Star

Re: HTML in Third Generation Editor

Agreed! And the only way to make an M dash is in html because CC doesn't have M dash feature (unless something had changed).

All Star

I have to use html for M dashes for one thing. What is the danger of allowing users to see html?

@Mariah_Pwrote:

@ErieBar,

Thank you for providing the features that you would like for the new editor. I have passed the feedback along to the appropriate teams! We do not have an estimated date at this time, but if it is implemented we will make sure that you are notified. Please let us know if you have any additional questions!

Thank you,

@Mariah_Pwrote:

@ErieBar,

Thank you for providing the features that you would like for the new editor. I have passed the feedback along to the appropriate teams! We do not have an estimated date at this time, but if it is implemented we will make sure that you are notified. Please let us know if you have any additional questions!

Thank you,

All Star

How will I get M dashes without html feature? That's the only way.

All Star

Because you don't offer M dashes and you have to code that in. That's one reason. Sometimes you need to look at code to see why something's not working.

What would be the danger of offering us code?

CTCT Employee

Hello @LindaB679,

I'm sorry the current lack of this feature is such a major concern, but I'll be happy to help you find some ways to get the look you're wanting.  On a full-width keyboard you can hold the 'alt' key and then press 0151 on the keypad along the right of your keyboard.  That generates an em dash ( — ) on most computers.  Alternately, you should be able to find a place online or on your computer where you have that symbol, and be able to copy-paste it, you can even use the one I create above through the keyboard alt-keys.  Please note that not all devices will display that character properly, so you may notice some discrepancies when viewing the actual sent email, depending on the device and program you're viewing it on.  I'll definitely make sure this symbol is on the list of requests for our design team to add to the system for you!

Aaron H

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Regular Advisor

My point, however, was that even in the 2nd generation editor with the html coding window, I was never able to get an em dash to display. I would put the code in but it didn't work. Any of the various html codes avaialble for em dashes.

If someone did make it work in the 2nd gen editor I'd love to know how, as I have continued to use it for some of our work.

Still need help?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!