cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTML in Third Generation Editor

CTCT Employee

Re: HTML in Third Generation Editor

Hi @JulieL34,

Thank you for your reply. For an en or em dash, this code could work: — in the HTML.

However, if it does not work, you could try using this code instead:
<span style="letter-spacing: -3px;">--- </span>
It is dashes with a negative letter spacing. Add more dashes as needed for an em dash. 

I hope this helps. Let us know if this works or if you need assistance with anything else!

Lucas_D
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing
All Star

ADD HTML please. It should be happening the next day since people are asking for it.

Hi @DeliaF0

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your feedback! I apologize for any inconvenience caused from not having this feature. I can definitely understand how having access to your email's HTML would be helpful. While we do not currently have a time estimate of when this will be available, I have submitted your feedback to our engineers and tracked this request in your account. 

Frankie P.

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
All Star

How can I add HTML code to an existing template?

I like some of your features in the third generation; however, I am a long time user of Constant Contact and use HTML for most of our newsletters. 

Vicci

Tags (1)
CTCT Employee

Re: How can I add HTML code to an existing template?

@Aramco-ExPats

Thank you for reaching out to the Community! While our third generation editor does not provide access to the HTML code, we do provide the option of Custom Coded templates. These are readily available in your account.

I will still submit your feedback on preferring to have access to the HTML in the third generation editor.

In the meantime, if you have any further questions please feel free to reach out to us here. We are always happy to assist you in any way we can!

Taryn Leinweber

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Visitor

Re: Is there a HTML code view to edit a Template?

I'm trying to access the HTML code view so I can add a box around a block of text. This appears to be the only way I can do that. Can you tell me how I can either access the HTML code or put a box/rule like around a block of text?

Thank you.

Bridget

Tags (3)
CTCT Employee

Hello @AgnesK86,

Thank you for reaching out to the community!

At this time our Third Generation Editor does not support editing HTML code. We are taking all feedback on this and I will be happy to submit a request for this feature on your behalf. As an alternative, choosing a different template that already contains a block with a border may be a good solution for you. We also offer custom template designs if you are looking for something more specific.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you.

-Curtis P

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media. Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!

When can we hope to have an answer to whether the html editing functionality will be reinstated? Mary

Tags (3)
CTCT Employee

Hello @American_Tapestry_Alliance,

Thank you for your response.

At this time we are only collecting feedback about this. We have not confirmed that this will be added to the Third Generation Editor as it was designed to operate without this feature. However, in the meantime, if you would like to use your own custom code you are welcome to create a custom code email by clicking on Create from your Campaigns page and choosing Custom Code from the upper right corner.

We are here to help if you need anything else!

-Curtis P

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media. Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!
Visitor

I just tried Gen 3 editor today and not being able to edit the HTML is incredibly frustrating and I'll be switching back to Gen 2 editor. I agree the new editor is oversimplified. It's pretty and what's there is easy to use but lacks features. I'd like to see a way to add tables, have more control over styling options, and be able to insert custom coding. Even if these were implemented there should still always be a way to edit the HTML.

Still need help?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!