cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTML showing in email preview line

Regular Visitor

HTML showing in email preview line

I'm attempting to send a campaign letting our customers know about a trade show we will be taking part in, but every time I have sent preview messages to my boss, he keeps getting a bunch of html code in the preview lines. I've tested this across multiple platforms and with multiple people in the company. So far, my boss has reported the html displaying on his iPhone and our HR rep reported seeing it in Outlook on her pc but not on her Samsung phone. I've tried with my work and personal email addresses and haven't received any junk html displaying on my Samsung/Outlook email apps, nor on my pc. In addition, I sent this to my fiancee to see if it was an iOS issue. He received no junk html in his previews.

The junk html showing up is as follows: [ http: //files.constantcontact.com/ f36cabf4501/542b4127-d8ab-a4b8-b7.... and it goes on like that. It appears like Constant Contact is showing the storage location for an image, but regardless of whether I use the company logo as a header before busting right into the text of the email or not, he still has this html issue.

1 REPLY 1
CTCT Employee

Re: HTML showing in email preview line

Hello @Fidia

Thanks for joining us in the Community! We are more than happy to look into this for you so you can spread the word about your trade-show.

In order to assist you further please email us at social_support(at)constantcontact(dot)com with some screenshots of this as well if you could confirm what Iphone version and type, which email client including is it the Apple mail or another client like Gmail. 

In the meantime, we can suggest adding a little bit more text to the pre-header to see if that resolves this for you.

Brian_H
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!
Still need help?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!