Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hard returns/blank lines....

SOLVED
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Hard returns/blank lines....

Has anyone noticed lately that the WYSIWYG editor looks one way in CC and when you you send it there are blank lines inserted randomly? The only way we found to stop this is to backspace that line and shift+return. Seems as if there is a bug.

• lines
  • Return
  • Shift+return
3 REPLIES
CTCT Employee

Re: Hard returns/blank lines....

Hello @ChadA34. I'm sorry that you've seen these extra lines appearing when the email is in your inbox. May I ask if you copied and pasted your text from somewhere, like a Word document or a webpage? What happens with this is that it can bring over its own problematic formattting that can cause extra spacing when you send out the email. If you tend to copy and paste your text, I recommend first pasting your text into a text editor like Notepad (Windows) or TextEdit (Mac) and then copying and pasting that text into your email in Constant Contact. Here is more information about using these types of text editors. 

Caitlin M
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media. Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!
Occasional Contributor

Thank you Caitlin! That was the issue. 

FYI, when I try toaccept this as an acceptable response I get the following:

"

Request Entity Too Large

The requested resource
/t5/forums/v4/forumtopicpage.markmessageasacceptedsolutionsecondarybutton/message-uid/301411
does not allow request data with POST requests, or the amount of data provided in the request exceeds the capacity limit.

"

Something for your forum developers.

Thank you and have a great day!

Administrator

Hi @ChadA34

Thanks for letting us know about that error that you received, I am going to look into it and see what we can do to fix it. In the meantime, I went in and marked the post as a solution for you. I am happy to hear that @Caitlin_M was able to help you out!  

Let us know if there's anything else we can help with :smileyhappy:

Samantha O'Connor
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media. Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!
Still need help?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!