cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
We had to temporarily close one of our support sites. You may experience a longer than normal wait time when calling into our support center. Remember to check out all of our available support resources including live chat for the quickest response.

Hate Constant Contact

Occasional Contributor

Hate Constant Contact

I really can't express how much I hate Constant Contact. I am forced to use it every week and EVERY time (literally!! I'm waiting for just once when it works) I have used it, it crashes. I have tried Chrome, IE, and Firefox and there's no exception. I am really looking forward to not paying these expensive rates for this service.
Tags (3)
10 REPLIES 10
CTCT Employee

Re: Hate Constant Contact

Hi @DavidC9730,

I am sorry to hear that you experienced this issue. I will like to look into this issue for you. Could you please email us your username and a reference to this post at social_support(at)constantcontact(dot)com? Also, can you tell us if you receive an error message before the website crashes? Is there a particular action that you are performing in the website right before it crashes? Can you also email us any screenshots of the website crashing? Thank you.

Lucas_D
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing
Occasional Contributor

I have the exact same experience. I really hate using it. I had to correct an email tonight and had to reload the page 7 times before it actually worked. I'm actually sitting here watching the upload page spin and not load. Very frustrating!

Tags (2)
CTCT Employee

Hello @DavidC9730,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with loading certain pages. Is this something that is currently happening with only one browser? Or are all browsers being affected? Are you currently accessing Constant Contact via a work network or personal network? Have you tried using a different computer, for testing purposes? I would also recommend doing a speed-test at the time that you experience this issue. You can email us your responses via email, to social_support(at)constantcontact(dot)com. With this information we will be able to better research what might be happening. Please let us know if there is anything else we can assist with. 

Tiago_R

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing
All Star

I enter the same text over and over again but it disappears. If I do a preview, SOMETIMES the text is there. But when I go back into the actual system, it's gone again. What should take me two minutes to update takes HOURS to enter. And this is for a nonprofit I volunteer for. I do not have time to do the same small task multiple times because the Constant Contact system is so horribly wonky.

Tags (2)

Hi @tryan1141

I apologize for this experience you've having with your email campaigns. This is definitely not the experience we want our customers to have! Are you receiving any error message? Were you able to see your changes in a test email? Have you tried created your email in a different browser or a private/incognito window? If you have not tested your browser this is definitely the next step in troubleshooting I would suggest.

I took a look at your account and can see your templates are still in our older Second Generation Editor. Have you tried recreating your email in our newer Third Generation Editor? Please let us know if testing your browser or switching editors helps.

Frankie P.

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
All Star

The changes did appear last night in a test email. But I tried again this morning and they are gone again (and not appearing in a test email anymore). So the situation has deteriorated a bit even since last night. I attempted to try the new editor. When I created the new campaign, Constant Contact asked if I wanted to try the new editor. I clicked "yes," but it sent me to a page where my only options were to choose from our old templates. The default for "try the new editor" should be changed to actually go to the new editor! Now that I've started our campaign in the old editor, it feels too late to start again in the new editor (and I can't use our standard nomenclature since Constant Contact prohibits you from re-using a campaign name EVEN if you delete the campaign). I try as much as possible to standardize the name of each of our newsletter issues. The browser doesn't seem to be the issue. It seems like the older generation editor, always very wonky, has been degraded even further with the launch of the new editor. 

Tags (3)
All Star

Also, I received no error message. Just the constant errors but no error message. 

Tags (3)
CTCT Employee

Hello @tryan1141,

Thanks for reaching out to us with this!  I'm very sorry that you were experiencing that while working in the Legacy Editor.  I was able to have a look at the block that was being uncooperative and I was able to clean out a great deal of excess HTML, you will find a copy of the email with "HTML cleaned" at the end of it.  You should be able to make edits in this one without fear of the text not saving or sowing up correctly.  One of the reasons we've been moving forward with the 3G Editor has been to rectify these html issues that tend to show up after an email has been copied and blocks rewritten for repeated use over a long period.  Some things I would suggest to circumvent these situations in the Legacy Editor would be to delete old content blocks and insert new ones when a copy is made. Alternatively, setting up a blank master template that can be copied fresh each time could be very helpful.  I do hope I have been able to help and if you have any further issue, don't hesitate to reach back out to us!

Briody_W

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
All Star

Thank you so much. This is very helpful. I can't hit "agree that this resolved the solution" because that button does not appear on my screen. But I did find this helpful and I appreciate it!

Starting with a blank template each time is a little problematic because we have content that sometimes repeats from month to month, and it creates extra work to retype that each time. But I could paste it into Word and then copy it to the blank template. I'll give that a try. 

Thanks again!

Tags (3)
Still need help?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!