cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have editor not remove formatting when swiping a line of text.

Occasional Contributor

Have editor not remove formatting when swiping a line of text.

In the editor, we frequently copy older campaigns and edit them for the current month.

This works well, except when replacing text. If you highlight the whole line and start typing, the formatting (Font, size, bold etc) changes from what I've previously set in the text box to the default. Every program out there - MS Word, Adobe Illustrator etc. will not do this, it will remember the formatting.

There is a work-around - highlight and replace all but the first letter, then delete the first letter. In that case, the formatting remains as it should. However, it's a hack and I'd rather not have to do this.

3 REPLIES 3
CTCT Employee

Re: Have editor not remove formatting when swiping a line of text.

Hi @Tagg_Design_Inc

Thanks for joining us in the Community! I understand why it would be helpful to edit your text from previous campaigns. The way you described is typically how it should function. 

In order to better assist you could you provide the following information via email here: social_support(at)constantcontact(dot)com

-What current web browser are you using? 

-Have you tried using an alternative browser? 

-Are you able to restore this feature by logging out and logging back in? 

-Are you simply highlighting and typing or are you copying text from another source? 

Brian_H
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!
Occasional Contributor

Hi!

1. We are using an up-to-date version of Firefox.

2. Not yet - we never use Edge and that's the only other browser on our systems.

3. No, it's pretty much always been like this since we started using this version of the WYSIWYG editor.

4. Copy-pasting, mostly, but the same effect occurs when typing. I've tried pasting text into notepad and re-copying it to remove any formatting the clipboard might have, but that has the same effect.

Thanks and I hope these answers help.

Tags (3)
CTCT Employee

Hello @Tagg_Design_Inc,

Thank you for providing this information.

Would you kindly send this information along with your account username, the name of the campaign that you are referring to and a reference to this post to social_support(at)constantcontact(dot)com so that we can look into this further?

Thank you.

-Curtis P
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media. Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!