cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constant Contact wants to help you succeed! We’re celebrating our professional service programs on the Constant Contact Community this month and you have a chance to try one of the services for free! Learn more.

Having Test Email Trouble

All Star

Having Test Email Trouble

I'm having trouble this morning sending a test email for an upcoming campaign. It says "SUCCESS: Your test email was sent" but no message is received. I have tried multiple times to several different addresses that have received test emails in the past.

8 REPLIES 8
CTCT Employee

Re: Having Test Email Trouble

Hi @TravelHaven,

Thank you for reaching out to us through the Community. I am sorry to hear that you're not receiving the test emails. If you're using a gmail account to send your tests to, make sure you check your "Promotions" folder to see if it has landed there. If you're not using a gmail account, then see if it might have delivered to your spam or junk folder. Also, make sure you're not sending to a role address, like sales@ or info@; instead try using a personal email address. If these troubleshooting steps do not work, there could be a few other causes. If your IT team has made any sort of system security changes, they may need to Whitelist us. 

Ultimately, if you are still not receiving your test emails you may want to contact our Deliverability department so that they can investigate and assist you further. Their contact information can be found by clicking here.

I hope this resolves your issue. Please let me know if I can assist with anything else.

Lucas_D
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Did you ever get one? This is happening to me as well. I sent multiple ones last night and this AM but still not test email coming through.

CTCT Employee

Hi @PaulaJ83

I'm sorry to hear that you aren't receiving your test emails as well. Can you send us an email to social_support(at)constantcontact(dot)com with your username, a reference to this post, the name of the campaign you are sending a test of, the email address you are sending to and any other pertinent information like if you have tried it to another email address, if you tried any of the other steps above and so forth. Once I have this information, I am happy to take a deeper look and see what may be causing this. 

Thank you for choosing Constant Contact. Have a great weekend! 

Adrienne B.

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!
All Star

I am currently having a similar problem. My test emails were coming through normally, but now will not come at all. Sending to a coworker's email will work, and our IT dept checked my activity to make sure they are not being blocked from coming to me or going to spam through our company filters. What's my next step in correcting this issue?

CTCT Employee

Hi @AdrianaM82,

I'm sorry to hear about this experience! Can you send us an email to social_support(at)constantcontact(dot)com with your username, a reference to this post, the name of the campaign you are sending a test of, the email address you are sending to and any other pertinent information please?   That way we can look into this further for you!

Please feel free to reach out to us for anything else you may need!

Donna_P.

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Established Member

Has this issue been fixed? I selected a new Constant Contact campaign template and now the test is not sending to any emails nor going to spam/junk. I've tried Yahoo mail, Hotmail, and my Outlook work email. Previous emails on other templates are still sending a test email. The campaign template is named 'Featured Listing.' I also copied Featured Listing again without making any changes to it, sent a test email to the three emails and none were received.

Established Member

Ok, please disregard. After an hour of trying to the three different types of emails, I have now received the tests.

Hi @ErikaC5

Thank you for reaching out to the Community!  I'm sorry that you were having difficulty receiving your test emails. We were experiencing some issues with test emails being successfully sent but our engineers worked on finding a resolution for this. Please let us know if there is anything else we can assist with in your account in the meantime.

Frankie.P

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.