Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Header images too narrow for e-mail even though 600 pixels wide

SOLVED
Highlighted
Visitor

Header images too narrow for e-mail even though 600 pixels wide

Everyone seems to recommend a header image of 600 pixels and yet whenever I create an e-mail it looks good in preview but when sent the mail is always much wider than the header which looks ridiculous.

I see this a lot with other people's mail which I get, which clearly use Constant Contact - so I know I am not alone.

No-one seems to be able to provide a sensible answer to this and it ruins the look of the e-mail.

Given it so prevalent is CC doing anything to sort this out? - it is particularly irritating in that it always looks perfect in preview and there is no obvious reason for it. Very disappointing. Could someone from CC put me out of my misery 🙂

I attach a screengrab. Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
CTCT Employee

Re: Header images too narrow for e-mail even though 600 pixels wide

Hello @JohnE997

We have seem this happening when sending emails to Outlook 2010 where the display on the computer is increased in size.  This can cause the text and the rest of the email to become larger while the header image stays at the 600 pixel width.  In order to see if this is what is causing the issue to appear, please go through these steps: 

• Right Click on your desktop & choose Personalize
  • In the bottom left corner of the window click Display
  • Check the Display size.  If this is set to anything other than the default (Smaller - 100%), then please set it to Smaller and click Apply.  You may need to log out and then back in for the change to take effect.  You should then be able to see the email as intended in your inbox. 

Let us know if this helps or if you are still seeing this when receiving the email. 

Not really helpful since you cant control display on others settings for 2010 outlook.  

Frequent Visitor

I can't imagine the functionality to control the width of a text box is some insurmountable challenge.  That this is still an issue two years later is kind of BS.  

Tags (2)
CTCT Employee

Hi @CarsonI5,

Thanks for reaching out and we apologize for any frustrations you may be experiencing with your email campaign. Do you need assistance with the width of a particular text block? Knowing more specifics about what's going on will help us troubleshoot for you. Please let us know! Thank you!

Nichelle M
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.