cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help With My Email Contact Cycle

Occasional Contributor

Help With My Email Contact Cycle

I have a website where people enter an email address in exchange for a software download. I then send each person two marketing emails. One right away and a different one a few days later. Once I have sent a user both emails I no longer want to keep storing the address. The length of each mailing averages 50 addresses. I want to: 1 - Send message one, pasting the addresses from a text list. 2 - After a few days I want to send message two to the same people and then repeat step one with a new list. Is there a fast & easy way to do this without going through a gazillion steps and maddening messages that I can only paste 25 emails? Looking for help to get clarity, ease and simplicity. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
3 REPLIES 3
Occasional Contributor

Help!!!!!!

I want to use Resend to send an existing message to a new list pasted from a text file. Why am I only allowed to paste 25 addresses?? Aaaaarghh. I have paid Constant Contact thousands of dollars over the years and this just is not getting any easier.
CTCT Employee

Re: Help!!!!!!

Hi @KunoE,

In response to using Resend, this function is for sending a past campaign to any new contacts who've joined your contact list since you originally sent your email.

You can select either "Enter email addresses" (you are correct that this area limits the number of contacts you can add here to 25) or "New contacts since email was last sent." Thus we advise uploading a file of new contacts to that email list first and then selecting the latter option. Note: you can Resend an email campaign up to 85 days after the date you originally sent it.

Another option is to upload a list a new contacts to a new email list first, make a copy of your previously sent email campaign and schedule/send it to the new email list. 

Nichelle M
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
CTCT Employee

Re: Help With My Email Contact Cycle

Hi @KunoE,

We're sorry for any confusion with how to add larger lists of contacts to your account. You'll want to upload your contacts from a file into a new email list before scheduling your email campaigns. (This allows more than 25 contacts to be added at one time.) Just make sure your file is formatted for Constant Contact! You'll click Contacts, Add Contacts and select Upload from file:

2017-05-17_13-00-59.png

From here you'll follow the steps to add your contacts.

I would also encourage you check out our Sign-Up Form that you can customize for your website. Those who sign-up for your mailing list can be added directly into your account and linked with an Autoresponder Series. Autoresponders are designed to help you communicate with new contacts on specific email lists. An email series is triggered to start when a contact joins a list associated with it. Contacts can join these lists themselves using your sign-up form, or be added manually by you.

Autoresponders are available with our Email Plus pricing plan so you may need to upgrade your account to access this functionality. I hope this helps!

Nichelle M
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.