cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constant Contact wants to help you succeed! We’re celebrating our professional service programs on the Constant Contact Community this month and you have a chance to try one of the services for free! Learn more.

Highlighting URL in Chrome closes dialogue box

All Star

Highlighting URL in Chrome closes dialogue box

Whenever I try to edit a URL from a box or linked text, if I highlight all of the url, the box instantly closes. Let's say I am changing the date on a UTM'd link, if I highlight the entire link or highlight and scroll toward the end, the box closes. This doesn't happen in Firefox.

Also happens if I open the link URL box and just scroll through the link to either end, the box closes.

3 REPLIES 3
CTCT Employee

Re: Highlighting URL in Chrome closes dialogue box

Hey there @NVARW 

I'm sorry to hear this is happening, but thank you for bringing this to our attention. Having the Message Header box disappear when trying to edit subject line by highlighting the text is something we are tracking on our end, so I will definitely note that you were also experiencing difficulties with this.

If you could please take the time to answer these following questions, it can help us resolve this:

What browser were you using when this occurred?

Were you copying and pasting anything into the subject line?

Also, were you able to eventually get the subject line changed? If not, I recommend being very careful when highlighting the subject/preheader text. If your mouse trails off the text box as you are highlighting the text, the box may close. You can also go a different route and just click on the subject/preheader text box you are trying to alter. Once you have clicked on the box, hit the backspace button on your keyboard until the subject/preheader box is empty.

Once again, Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Brigitte P
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Highlighted
All Star

Browser: Chrome

Happens when copy/paste or just highlighting the whole line.

Can get the subject line and link text boxes changed but if you highlight all of the containing info the box disappears. I have been highlighting all but one letter and deleting/pasting that way. 

This does not happen in Firefox.

Tags (2)

Hi @NVARW 

Thank you for following up with these details. We're happy to hear you were able to make these edits after all! This experience is something our support is continue to troubleshoot. In fact we have tracked this experience in your account with this newly provided information included as well. We have also added you to our queue to be notified when this is resolved. Please continue your mentioned workaround or even working in another browser in the meantime.

Frankie.P
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.