cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How To Make Images Display in My Emails

Honored Contributor

How To Make Images Display in My Emails

You created this beautiful email with images and now you’re getting messages from your contacts that they can’t see the images.  I know that this is frustrating but I have a fix for you!

Not all email clients are set up to download images automatically by default. This is actually a setting that your contacts control within their email client. I’m going to give you the instructions on how to enable images to display automatically in Outlook 2007, Gmail, and Yahoo. For the others available, see our FAQ: How do I enable my email client to display images?

Outlook 2007

•          Open up your Outlook
  •          Click Tools
  •          Select Trust Center > Automatic Download
  •          Uncheck the option “Don’t download pictures automatically in HTML e-mail messages or RSS items”
  •          Click Ok

Yahoo

This setting is only for individual emails.

•          Open an email
  •          At the bottom of the email, click “Show HTML Graphics”

You will see a notification at the bottom confirming that images are set to display.

We have instructions on the following email clients:

•          Aol Webmail
  •          Apple Mail
  •          Earthlink Web Mail
  •          Entourage
  •          Gmail
  •          iPhone/iPod/iPad
  •          Lotus Notes
  •          Outlook (formerly Hotmail/Windows Live)
  •          Outlook 2003
  •          Outlook 2010
  •          Outlook 2007, 2010, and 2013 – Secure Images
  •          Thunderbird

Any questions, let us know!

2 REPLIES 2
Occasional Participant

Re: How To Make Images Display in My Emails

this not really a solution. It only describes how yourself can receive emails with it automatically opening , not sending which is what we are doing here basically....lol... 

Re: How To Make Images Display in My Emails

Hi @JaneC6 

I apologize if the information shared in this post is not the answer you were looking for! However images displaying is based on the email client it is received in. There is not a way to control this setting as the sender. However making sure your contact makes any necessary setting updates as listed will ensure your images display in their client.

Frankie.P
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.