Tomorrow morning (8/26) from 07:00 AM - 08:00 AM ET we need to make a few updates to our site. During this time, no emails will be sent and some customers will not be able to access their contacts. We recommend finishing up your work before 07:00 AM and logging in after 08:00 AM ET. Thank you for your patience while we make these updates.
This is Jim Mariano, Product Manager for the Event tool here at Constant Contact. Sounds like you all have a pretty well defined problem that we just dont have a perfect solution for. We have provided a few helpful work-arounds including "Access Codes" which is a very nice feature for registering people who are voluteers, friends VIPs etc, but you're all absolutely right, we don't currently give an "admin mode" to quickly, manually register people.
We are constantly looking for ways to improve our tool, so I'll take this back to our development team to discuss it. Without going into too much detail, based on the quantitative and qualitative feedback we've received, it sounds like a place within the event dashboard where you could add names and/or email addresses may suffice?
We would have to do our homework and prioritize this feature, so I can't make promises, but I promise that we hear your feedback and understand the basic requirement.
Thank you all, please keep the feedback coming! And feel free to outline exactly what you would want (and some context) in this thread... it will help us design the feature in the future.
Product Manager - Events & Donations
Thank you for the quick response.
as the admin - should an attendee register for the the wrong event or catagory I would like to be able to move attendee registrationwithout having to cancel their original registration.
I would like to be able to register group registration without the requirement of a unique email for each person. (not everyone has an email account). Group registration are not the same as entering guest registrations . usually group registation only have one person as the primary contact
if I register someone and have to update their email and the are already in our contact list -the system should recognize that it is being done in the admin mode and not tell me that it is a duplicate, or at the very least it should only as the verfication question The emails is detected as belonging to ______, Are you sure you want the email address.
if a payment is incomplete- I should be able to send a Payment Retry.
If payment is by check I should be able to enter the check information when the payment is rec'd in order for the payment to be marked as paid.
as the admin- I should not have to enter discount code- all fees should be available to admin, including early-bird fee.
as admin- I should be able to register mail in registration at early-bird fee without having to change the date (which makes it also available to public)
as admin- need more robust reporting- constant contact still wont't let me have acess to all fields so that I can filter base on what I am looking for. re: filter reports based on their unique questions, filter based on fee catagory.
as admin- I should not redirected to the event landing page- I should be prompted to end the session or be eble to immediatley enter a new registration
if abandoned registration become registered-it should be updated to reflet the date of when the registration actually occured not the original date.
registration list should have a search function
Thank you for your consideration.
Thank you so much for your feedback. You certainly make some great points. If you could, please copy and paste your feedback into our Event Registration and Feedback area.
Jim Mariano, CTCT_Event, I have provided similar feedback ever since Constant Contact launched Event Marketing (aka EventSpot). I have entered it into the Feedback form. I have called it in. I've sent it via Chat, and I've emailed it. I usually hear that the engineers prioritize based on what's most important, and that the backend administrative functions just aren't being requested.
Even though this may be duplicating what others say, here's the very BASIC functionality EventSpot should have:
1) Administrators should be able to add registrants through a back-end feature, and not have to go through the client-side registration. This should be as easy as entering data into a spreadsheet, with multiple columns that can be quickly selected (Paid, registered, etc.)
2) Administrators need to be able to enter notes into the registrants' files. If someone needs special services, if they will need to arrive late, if they are bringing a friend, etc. etc.
3) Adminstrators should be able to add guests into a registrant's record. We get people who call in to add a "plus one" or "Plus two" all the time.
4) People should be able to enter their email more than once. Many couples share an email, and often times I'll have both parties wanting to register, at different times.
5) Administrators should be able to enter VIPs, Speakers, etc. without having to make up email addresses. We need them in there for food and seat counts, name bagdes, etc. If they get an email telling them they are registered, it often causes confusion.
6) Administrators should be able to enter people who pay on-site, by phone, or who are comps, without making up an access code and entering it. When I have to make that workaround of an access code that says, "PAID_PHONE" it gets emailed in the confirmation to the registrant, and then I have to make new access codes for the next function so that people don't test that access code in the future. Likewise, access codes shouldn't be listed on confirmation emails....
7) Payment pending: when the payment arrives, I should be able to mark if it was made by check, cash, etc.
8) EventSpot mobile: we need to be able to enter people who are walk-up registrants via EventSpot. Having a mobile app for live check-in is great when we have multiple people at multiple spots, but I still have to have a paper system for notes, entering those walk-ups, etc.
Thanks for your interest in making this a better environment for US, your CC customers