cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How To Post Your Emails to Facebook Using Simple Share

CTCT Employee

How To Post Your Emails to Facebook Using Simple Share

UPDATED: March 2018

Please click here to learn more about using our Social Share feature.

The information below is out of date.

-----
I had some great questions during yesterday’s Creating Marketing Emails webinar and I’d like to share one of the topics we talked about: posting your emails to your Facebook business page using Simple Share.

If you have questions about email marketing and social media, please send them my way by commenting on this post, contacting me via Twitter at @azurecollier, or asking them during the Q&A portion of one of our Constant Contact webinars.

Q: I’ve been using Simple Share to post about my emails and promotions on my social media networks, but it’s been posting to my personal Facebook profile and not my organizations page. How do I fix this?

A: You should check your Constant Contact account to see if it’s linked to your Facebook business page through Simple Share. You can find the Simple Share button on the page where you schedule your email. It will also appear on the page you’re sent to when you click on a sent email in the Constant Contact email marketing tab.

• Click on Add on the top right of the Simple Share window, and then select Facebook.
  • You’ll go to another window that contains the Facebook accounts you’ve linked to Simple Share.
  • Select the business page that you want to post to from Constant Contact and hit the Continue button to add it to your account.
  • When you’re posting, make sure you uncheck the box next to your personal page, and that the box next to your organization/business page is checked. Your post will appear on your Facebook business page.

Use these screenshots to guide you through the process, or view this Simple Share video tutorial.

Simple Share Add Facebook 1.jpg

Simple Share Add Facebook 2.jpg

Simple Share Add Facebook 3.jpg

Simple Share Add Facebook 4.jpg

Azure Collier
29 REPLIES 29
Visitor

Re: How To Post Your Emails to Facebook Using Simple Share

Hi, I have a business page, but it does not appear when I click simple share, only my personal FB page?  Any suggestions? Thanks ~ Lyn

Honored Contributor

Hi Lyn,

When you're clicking to connect your Facebook accounts, are you logged into the Facebook personal account that is connected to your business page?

Thanks!

Occasional Visitor

I am having the same problem with simple share. I recently changed the admin priviledges for our facebook page (deleted the original account it was linked to). I relinked it to my personal page, however, when I enter my facebook login information, our business page does not appear as a option to post to.

Honored Contributor

Hi MO4HFound,

I took a look at your account and it looks like you were able to reconnect your Facebook Page and share your email on Facebook.

Please let me know if you continue to have issues!

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

I'm having the same problem as those mentioned before.

When trying to add our business Facebook page it asks me to login with that account. I don't login to our business page. I'm an admin through my personal page but the Friends of South Stream page has been set up without an associated email account.

How do I share to a business page like this?

Thanks 

Hi @Southstream 

Thanks for posting, sorry to hear of the trouble. Can you go back to the Simple Share screen (an easy way to do this is to go to the last sent email and click "Share Again"), click "Manage" and deleted your current Facebook accounts. They try re-connecting. When you are adding all of the pages associated with your presonal login should show. If the business page isn't showing can you confirm that the person who set up the page has given you full admin rights?

Thanks,

Hannah M.
Community and Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!
Occasional Contributor

Hi Hannah,

Thanks for the response. 

I've done as you've suggested however it only brings up my account. I since set up a 'company' FB account as well and 'liked' our original FB business page. I have full admin rights to all.

I don't want these Constant Contact messages posted on my personal page - only my business page.

How do I go about that?

Thanks - Brad 

Honored Contributor

Hi Brad,

When you're scheduling your email to be sent within Constant Contact, you can scroll down to the Simple Share section and chose which page to share to. Just check the one you want to share to, edit the post, and save. We'll do the rest when the email sends!

Hope that helps!

Occasional Contributor

Hi Marissa,

Thanks - I'll try that tomorrow when we send out our next message.

Cheers - Brad