cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How To Post Your Emails to Facebook Using Simple Share

Honored Contributor

Re: How To Post Your Emails to Facebook Using Simple Share

Just for the record and I may be wrong but I believe Simple Share has been broken for over  a month now.

Occasional Advisor

I am having the same problem.  I am an admin on my company page, but constant contact won't serve up the copmany as an option.  In fact, when I'm in the page as the admin and then go to Constant Contact, the message in "simple share" says "To continue, you'll need to switch from using Facebook as COMPANY NAME to using Facebook as PERSONAL NAME."

I'm also not able to share on my company LinkedIn page.  I'm really not sure how this simple share is helpful at all if it doesn't allow posting to company pages...  most companies will want to do this. 

Honored Contributor

You can post to business pages, you just need to add them first.

There is a small add link towards the top right in the Simple Share window.

The + bug still exists though and is coming up on its 2nd month birthday.

Occasional Advisor

The add link button you mention is what I use - but either nothing comes up, or it gives me the error message I posted earlier about needing to get off the company page and log into my personal page.

Honored Contributor

And what happens when you log on with your personal ID?

Highlighted
CTCT Employee

Hi Maureen.

Unfortunately it is true that we do not work with LinkedIn groups right now. Simple Share only works with Facebook personal and Facebook business pages, Twitter and LinkedIn personal pages. When adding a Facebook business page, you do need to be logged in as your personal account and there is a step where Simple Share asks to see which pages you manage; that is where you choose the business page. You can see the steps for how to add Simple Share to those pages with this FAQ: Click Here

However, I know that you are not the only person that wants to see the ability to share to group linked in page. Please be sure to leave your feedback about this in our Email Feedback area.

Thanks for helping out as always, Tony. 

Melissa M
Community and Social Support Intern

If you find my post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"
Occasional Advisor

Thanks for the reply.  Unfortunately Constant contact still doesn't see my company Facebook page even though I'm an admin.  It doesn't see any of the pages I administer, and I administer 5.

CTCT Employee

I'm so sorry about that...

Something has to be going on as Facebook pages, personal and business, should work just fine. Can you do me a favor? On Facebook, look in the upper right for the downward facing arrow, then choose "Settings". From there, look for "Apps" on the left. Find Simple Share by Constant Contact and remove the app using the 'X' 

Once you have removed the application from your account, go back to Constant Contact and try to re-authorize the app. When re-authorizing be sure to allow everything that Facebook asks for and then it should show up with the pages you are an admin of as well. Give that a shot and let me know if that works for you. If not, we will definitely need to do some investigating as this should work.

Melissa M

If you find my post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"
Occasional Advisor

Thank you.  That worked.  Actually, I also needed to allow it to do all the things it asked to do.  I think I was stopping at "Constant Contact wants to Post" because I thought it was going to do something right then...

CTCT Employee

Oh, great! 

I'm so glad that ended up working for you. I understand those permissions can be a little misleading but Simple Share needs that permission level in order to be able to auto-post Simple Share when your email sends and you set it up. All in all, glad you got it working. 

Melissa M

Still need help?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!