cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I convert a newsletter campaign to a welcome email?

SOLVED
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

How can I convert a newsletter campaign to a welcome email?

I created a newsletter email that I want to use as a welcome email. When I create a new welcome email it only gives me a handful of templates to select from. How can I copy it so that I don't have to recreate the email I already made? There doesn't appear to be any way when editing the newsletter email to convert it to a welcome email, or at least that I could see.

1 REPLY 1

Re: How can I convert a newsletter campaign to a welcome email?

Hi @PriscillaS9 

Thank you so much for bringing this to our attention! I have taken a look at the Welcome Email creation process in both your account as well as my own and was able to replicate this experience. You are correct, at this time our automated series do not give ability to copy standard campaign into a Welcome Email. Because of this, I would suggest creating a regular Automated Series with the trigger type of contact joins a list. This campaign allows you to both copy over a newsletter and have it scheduled to new sign-ups as well. Though we do not have a time estimate of when this feature will be available in a Welcome Email, I have submitted your feedback on this to our Product Team in the meantime.

Frankie.P
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.