How do I change the line spacing? It is fine in the preview but changes in the test email.

WuXi_AppTec
Rookie

8 REPLIES 8
Caitlin_M
Administrator
0 Votes

Updated January 2019

Hello @WuXi_AppTec. I see that you are using our third-generation editor to create your emails. Our development teams has recently added the ability to control line spacing in the Third Generation Editor! When working in a text block you can now change the spacing between your lines of text within the entire block. Your choices of spacing is single, 1.2, 1.5, or double line spacing.

2018-12-10_15-48-44 (1) (1).png

--

Caitlin M.
Community Manager
ReneeW490
Rookie
0 Votes

I do not have the line spacing option available on my menu bard to correct the line spacing error.  Is there another way to fix this?

Frankie_P
0 Votes

Hi @ReneeW490 

Thank you for reaching out to the community about your email. I have taken a look at your most recent campaign and can see it is in our older legacy newsletter templates. The directions shared in this thread are for our third generation editor in our newest email templates. If you are working in a legacy newsletter template the only way to update this line spacing is through the HTML code of your specific block.

Frankie.P
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
ChuckS777
Rookie
0 Votes

I am also having problems with the line spacing on the landing page.  how do I change it?

Caitlin_M
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @ChuckS777. It looks like a member of our Support team was able to reach out to you about the spacing on your landing page. Please let us know if you have any further questions!

--

Caitlin M.
Community Manager

Care to tell the rest of us how to fix the line spacing inconsistencies between design and preview and inbox views?

Nichelle_M
Employee
0 Votes

Hi @ReinhardS0,

Thanks for reaching out and we're happy to help! If you're seeing line spacing inconsistencies in the text it could be related to problematic text that was copied/pasted into your email campaign. You'll just need to "strip out" or remove the formatting that is causing the issues. Please let us know if you need any further assistance with this!

Nichelle M
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
AllieP71
Campaign Contributor
0 Votes

You guys really need to allow use to cut and paste from word or pdf - the room for error is super stressful every time we send emails 

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST