Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I export contacts?

SOLVED
Honored Contributor

Re: Hard to use

Hi Jose,

I just logged into your account and I see that you were able to export  your contacts about 15 minutes after you posted this. I also was able to successfully pull an exported list. 

You can view your exported contacts by clicking on the Contacts tab > Activity link.  Then you can click the link that says "Download Export File".

If you're still having difficulty, please let us know.

Occasional Visitor

exporting lists

It was so easy to export your lists into excel. Now i cannot figure it out and need to call support every time. Please make this easy again!
Tags (2)
CTCT Employee

Re: exporting lists

Hi there. I'm sorry that you're finding the new system difficult. Exporting contacts in the new Contacts system is a quick process:

1. Go to the Contacts tab
  2. Click on the list you want to export
  3. Check the Select All check box at the top of the list
  4. Click the Export button and confirm you want to export the list
  5. Go to the Activity page to download your file.

If you have any questions, please let us know.

Jeff Gilson
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!
Tags (2)

Export contact list

Does anyone know how to export my constant contact mail list?

Tags (3)
CTCT Employee

Re: Export contact list

Hi there Susan,

We sure do! Please follow these instructions for exporting a list of contacts

Put another way:

1.) Select the list you'd like to export,

2.) Select the box to the left of Name at the top of the list of contacts appearing in the middle of your screen,

3.) Select Export.

4.) You will then check the Activity Page and once your file has finished Exporting,

5.) You will click Download Export File and save it to your computer. 

Hope that answers your question!

Bria
Social Support and Community
Occasional Contributor

EXPORTING

Why isn't it APPARENT here on Contacts page to EXPORT CONTACTS. Very frustrating - HATE all these new menus!
Highlighted
CTCT Employee

Re: EXPORTING

Thank you for supplying your feedback to us. It is very important, and we highly value your opinion.

Below I have provided a link with the steps on exporting a contact list from your account:

Exporting a contact list from Constant Contact

Please continue to vote, and don't hesitate to let us know any time you have questions, more information, or any feedback to give us!

Katelynn B.
CTCT Employee

Status changed to: Vote for this idea if you agree

Katelynn B.

trying to export emails from my contact list on constant contact

Hi Guys Trying to export emails from my contact list on constant contact but no chance. can someone get back to me please?
CTCT Employee

Re: trying to export emails from my contact list on constant contact

Hello @ergine 

In order to export your contacts, you will need to:

1. Click Contacts.
  2. In your left-hand menu, click the group of contacts you want to export or search for your contacts. (if you want all of your active contacts, remain on the Active list)
  3. Select all of the email addresses that displayed by clicking the check box in the upper-left corner of your results.
    Checkbox
  4. Click "Export" in the menu.
  5. Choose the fields you want to include in your export.
  6. Click Export Contacts.
  7. Click "Activity" in the yellow sub-menu at the top of your screen.
  8. Click "Download CSV" or "Download Excel" for the export you just did.
    Note: It may take a few moments for that link to be available. Click the refresh icon in the gray bar for the most updated  information. 
  9. Depending on your browser, a pop-up message will give you the choice to save or open the file. 
  10. Click Save and choose your desktop as the location for the file.

If you are running into any errors or other issues, please tell me what steps you are taking to export these contacts and where you are running into an issue. 

Thank you!

Amber Royal
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.