cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constant Contact wants to help you succeed! We’re celebrating our professional service programs on the Constant Contact Community this month and you have a chance to try one of the services for free! Learn more.

How do I get CC to grab the Featured Image in my WordPress post?

Occasional Participant

How do I get CC to grab the Featured Image in my WordPress post?

When I use the "Read More" block to link to my WordPress post, the Featured Image for that post is not among the image choices available. Instead I see other images from the blog page (mostly sidebar widget images).

Is there a way to force CC to pull in the Featured Image from each post?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Tags (3)
4 REPLIES 4
CTCT Employee

Re: How do I get CC to grab the Featured Image in my WordPress post?

@JacquelineO99

Thank you for reaching out to the Community! I'm sorry to hear your featured image is not available. Please email us at social_support(at)constantcontact(dot)com with your username, the name of the email you are working on, the featured image that you want to display, and a reference to this post and we will investigate further!

Taryn Leinweber
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Occasional Participant

Thanks Taryn, I just sent an email with the information you requested. 

I have a feeling I'm not the only one with this question, since many people use WordPress with Featured Images in their posts. 

The issue seems to be that when a Featured Image is not actually displayed in the post (but instead added to the Featured Image box for posting on social media, etc.) CTCT ignores or can't "find" it.  But surely there is a solution, no?  Many of my Wordpress posts are videos, so I always attach a jpg in the Featured Image box.  I need CTCT to always use the Featured Image for every post.

Tags (3)
Occasional Participant

I want to keep my question open to the community since there have to be many other Wordpress users who wish to have their posts' featured images showing up in their CTCT campaign emails. 

I put a screenshot of my WordPress dashboard here:

https://davistechteachers.com/screenshot/

This is a screenshot of the dashboard where I created a post -- it's a video post, so I also added a jpg picture to the "Featured Image" box (green arrow).  Social media and other sites should always look first for a post's Featured Image, but CTCT is not "finding" my Featured Images.

Ideas?

Tags (3)
Highlighted
CTCT Employee

Re: Re: How do I get CC to grab the Featured Image in my WordPress post?

Hello JacquelineO99,

I saw that you you've been talking to Drew about this and I wanted to make sure that you didn't miss his last email to you. I've included that below:

"After researching, I found that the function that pulls in the Read More block images, chooses them at random. Due to this, we unfortunately are not able to update the block to insert the image you are wanting. However, I have reported this issue to our Engineering team and I have made sure to track that you encountered it. I am happy to advocate on your behalf to ensure they understand the full weight of the issue you're experiencing. Again, I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused and will email you with any updates regarding this issue."

Please let us know if you have any additional questions. 

Amber_L
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.