cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I get the HTML code for a created email?

SOLVED
Highlighted

I need the HTML code to paste into another email editor

Tags (5)
14 REPLIES

How can I export the html file from an email I created?

Is it possible to create an email in Constant Contact and then export the html file for use on the web?

Thanks,
Kathy
Valued Contributor

How can I export the html file from an email I created?

You can send a copy to yourself, open it with a client that has "View Source" such as Outlook. You can copy and modify the source code. You will probably want to remove the subscription maintenance from the bottom and change the links. Some of it may be subject to copyright restrictions from Constant Contact but of course the content is yours.

Valued Contributor

You can send it to yourself (or a preview) to an account you have in Outlook and do a reveal source.

No Subject

ok thanks. Where do I find reveal source?
Valued Contributor

Open the email in Outlook. Right click anywhere in the body of the email and a menu pops up. Select Reveal Source from the menu.

Occasional Participant

Another option: Open the email then select view in browser window. In the browser, select View - Page Source to see the code.

Established Member

Export custom enewsletter code...

Is there a way to export complete newsletter code in HTML from Constant Contact, so that it could be imported into a blank template?  I see there's code in each of the content blocks, for example, but is there code that arranges the blocks appropriately?
Honored Contributor

Export custom enewsletter code...

Hi Christie,

You cannot copy the code from a template into a new template. You could recreate the blocks in a new template by viewing the blocks code in the current email and copying it. Once copied, go into your new email and view any blocks code. Delete the code that displays and paste in the code you copied. This does not always work correctly.

Thanks,

Jarrad
Jarrad

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!
Occasional Organizer

Hosting HTML E-mails on Our Website

I'm not real sure if this board is where my post should go, but here it goes...

I know that we can host Constant Contact e-mails on our website, but I want to be able to get the actual text in HTML form so those topics can be picked up via web search. Is it possible to have Constant Contact spit this out after we send an e-mail?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Tags (3)
Still need help?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!