Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I unsubscribe a contact?

SOLVED
CTCT Employee

Re: How do I unsubscribe a contact?

Hello @carlar927,

I apologize that you are having trouble when unsubscribing a contact in your account. I'd like to ask a few questions so we can find out how to best assist you. When you were attempting to unsubscribe them, was it for a single contact or multiple contacts. Also, did you see any error messages pop up on your screen when trying to do so or have you tried using a different computer at all? You can reply with more information right here in the Community and we'll be happy to look into this more!

Jon_G
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Occasional Participant

This does not work for me in Firefox, in private mode or not. 

I click on "Implied permission" when editing the e-mail address for a member who has passed away.  I am unable to change that selection, even though I click on "Unsubscribed".  The pop-up list disappears, as if I had succeeded in making a selection, but the value remains as "Implied permission".

I have no access to Internet Explorer; it does not exist on Linux.

Help?

Occasional Participant

This also did not work in Firefox on Android, nor in Safari in iOS. 

I am trying to unsubscribe  a single contact.

There were no error messages; the pop-up list simply disappears, and nothing has changed.

CTCT Employee

Hi @PMIW_President,

We're sorry for any frustrations with Unsubscribing a contact. And we appreciate the additional details of what you've tried already! I did find that some customers are experiencing this same system issue and while our programmers are working to fix it as quickly as possible we do have some work-arounds to try:

- Use the arrow keys or the Tab key on your keyboard to change the Permission/Email Status to Unsubscribed, and click Enter on your keyboard to save.
OR
- Enable Advanced Email Permissions in your account and import the contact as Unsubscribed.

Please let us know if you still aren't able to Unsubscribe your contact as we're here to help! I've also added your account to be notified when this issue is fixed. Thanks for your patience!

Nichelle M
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.