cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constant Contact wants to help you succeed! We’re celebrating our professional service programs on the Constant Contact Community this month and you have a chance to try one of the services for free! Learn more.

How do delete duplicate contacts in my lists?

Frequent Visitor

How do delete duplicate contacts in my lists?

When I send my campaigns in some cases the e-mail is sending twice to some contacts. I've been seeing through my contacts an option to do that. There's something that I have to do, or any of you know how to do that?

3 REPLIES 3
Honored Contributor

Re: How do delete duplicate contacts in my lists?

That shouldn't happen at all if you are only sending your email once.

Offering Project Consultation
Accredited CTCT Solution Provider
Constant Contact All Star 2009-2010-2011-2012

www.cliquemarketing.biz

Frequent Visitor

I sent the e-mail once, but some customers said me that they receive it twice, even my boss, and I read that Constant Contact works with a step ahead on that, when I send my campaign they look for duplicate contacts and they send just one e-mail for them. 

Honored Contributor

Hi @FernandoContreras

For each contact, we'll send to that email address. You can have Mr & Mrs Johnson separately within a list both with the same email address. In that case, we would send to both of them. Other than that, we wouldn't send out more than one email.

Here is an FAQ we have: "Contacts are getting multiple copies of an email.". This can happen if you have them as 2 separate email addresses and one has forwarding on it. If you sent the email out to one list at a time (you already said that you're sending it once). Another options is that their mail servers are buggy and are not realizing that they did in fact deliver the email, so they keep delivering it.

Check out the FAQ above and let us know if you have any other questions.