cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do my email receipients show up as anonymous if I sent an invite to the survey directly to them?

SOLVED
Occasional Contributor

How do my email receipients show up as anonymous if I sent an invite to the survey directly to them?

I sent a survey out to a few recipients, directly, via the survey invite option. They are all contacts in my list and they all received it directly. I checked their contact files and they show that they received the survey. But of the 150 responses so far, 17 have been anonymous and all but two have been on that list. Why did these 15 come up as anonymous if they received the invite in their email? It doesn't seem likely that they would've then forwarded it to their personal email and accessed it there, as they all have cell and computer access to their work emails. Also, it's not an issue because we did collect their names. I'm just curious why this would happen to so many who received the survey link directly.

Tags (2)
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
CTCT Employee

Re: How do my email receipients show up as anonymous if I sent an invite to the survey directly to t

Hi @MikaelaR9

Thank you for reaching out to us! I took a look at your survey, and I do see those anonymous responses in the results. You are right. If for some reason they forwarded the email, the responses would come back as anonymous. Another, maybe more likely, reason would be if there were multiple responses from the same computer. You have the multiple responses from the same computer option turned on. In order for that to work, extra responses from the same computer would be recorded as anonymous. Let us know if you have any other questions!

Jordan
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Occasional Contributor

Re: How do my email receipients show up as anonymous if I sent an invite to the survey directly to t

Thank you, Jordan! Very helpful. We do have a few users who would be responding under the own emails but on the same computer.

Hi @MikaelaR9

You're very welcome! We're always here to help. Feel free to reach out again if you have any further questions on anything further in your account.

Frankie.P
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.