cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constant Contact wants to help you succeed! We’re celebrating our professional service programs on the Constant Contact Community this month and you have a chance to try one of the services for free! Learn more.

How do you add a Facebook "Like" button to your email?

SOLVED
Honored Contributor

Re: Inserting Sharing Button In An Email

Hi,

At this time the Social Share bar can only be inserted at the top of your email. I'm going to create a feature request for you to see if this is something we could add in the future.

Thanks,

Jarrad

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!
Honored Contributor

Hey Jarred,

Long time no speak. :smileyhappy:

Here is a resource you can share with your community.

http://www.addtoany.com/buttons/for/email_newsletter

It does exactly what the previous poster requested but uses an external provider.

I use it in a few clients applications and it works great.

Honored Contributor

Open Easy, Close Tight: Latches, Handles, Window Cranks for Your Impala! 

*Image has been removed*  See below.

Honored Contributor

I attempted to attach my clients newsletter to show you how I insert the social media banner but it seems as though your HTML parsar doesn't like the code.

Sorry.  Feel free to delete it if you have to .

Honored Contributor

Hey Tony,

Do you happen to have the archive link or the link used when sharing on Social Media?  If you do, you can post that in here and then the users can click on it to view the email.

Thanks!

Honored Contributor

Here is a better example of what I use.

bobsnl.gif

Like us on Facebook button

Hi

I would like to add Like Facebook button for our page in the email. The Facebook buttons allow only to put url not like.

Like is actually <iframe> which can be generated on facebook. But if I put it anywhere in template its not being saved.

I can only do it in custom email. Do you know the way to keep <iframe> within template or download whole template and upload it later as custom email?

Thanks

Trying to put a like box on constant contact mailing

To put a like box on you web page is a fairly easy task. I'm having a problem putting into a constant contact mailing. It's html script which I've tried to add to an article block, etc. without luck

Honored Contributor

Re: Trying to put a like box on constant contact mailing

Hi,

It sounds like the code is being rejected. We have a feature which will allow you to add a Like button to the top of your email. To add it, follow these steps:

1. Click on the Email Marketing tab.
  2. Click on the name of the email draft that you wish to add the button to.
  3. In the Email Details section, select a list.
  4. Click Save.
  5. Click "Schedule Email".
  6. Select the date/time you wish to send the email.

Note
    : You may also leave the email in Draft status if you want to finish scheduling it later.
  7. Under Tweet and Share, check the box next to Social Share. 

share bar

8. Click Save.

I hope this helps,

Jarrad

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!
Highlighted
Occasional Participant

Social Buttons at top of Email - Add This vs. Constant Contacts - Advantage & Disadvantages

Hi,

I just want to add the following to the top of my email, buttons that make it easy for people to click on social media links:

[Facebook Like button]    [Twitter]   [Google Plus]

I have an account to AddThis, but can I just use their code add paste it to the top of my email?  Does that work?  Or do I need to use Constant Contacts buttons. Also when people click are they liking my site or constant contacts? 

So my question, can I use AddThis buttons  or do I use Constant Contact .. ??

Thanks,

JC