cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you add a Facebook "Like" button to your email?

SOLVED
Honored Contributor

Re: Social Buttons at top of Email - Add This vs. Constant Contacts - Advantage & Disadvantages

Hi Mitsuo,

Welcome to the Community!

You would not be able to add that code to the header of the email, but it may be possible to add it into a block. To do so, click the HTML button on the top right while editing your block. Delete the block's code and paste in the code for the social media sites. Click Update and try to save the block.

When a contact clicks your Like button, that adds a link to your email onto that contact's profile. It does not like your page. You could add a link to your Facebook page in your email which would allow your contacts to Like your page.

I hope this helps,

Jarrad

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!
Occasional Participant

Re: Social Buttons at top of Email - Add This vs. Constant Contacts - Advantage & Disadvantages

Hi,

I tried to add the Addthis code to my HTML block and it shows a blank.. or doesn't display.

I noticed on other constant contact emails there are social media buttons, how do they do it?? Are they using constant contacts ???

Is there an easy step by step guide to this.. I just can't figure it out.

I just want   "FACEBOOK LIKE BUTTON" & "TWITTER BUTTON"  ... if we can get other options that would be nice but not necessary.

Thanks!

JC

Honored Contributor

Hi,

We do have a built in Social Share bar you can add to your email by following these steps:

1. Click on the Email Marketing tab.
  2. Click on the name of the email draft that you wish to add the button to.
  3. In the Email Details section, select a list.
  4. Click Save.
  5. Click "Schedule Email".
  6. Select the date/time you wish to send the email.

Note
    : You may also leave the email in Draft status if you want to finish scheduling it later.
  7. Under Tweet and Share, check the box next to Social Share

share bar
  8. Click Save.

You can also Social Media links to the body of your email by following these steps:

1. Click on the Email Marketing tab.
  2. To the left of the desired email name link, click the Edit icon Edit .
  3. Find the block where the link will go.
  4. Click the Edit icon Edit .
  5. Position your cursor where you want the icon to appear.
  6. Under Social Media Links on the left side of the screen, click on the social media icon that you want to insert. Social Media
  7. In the window that appears, choose the image you wish to use from the available choices.
  8. Follow the instructions under the Link box within the window to get the unique social media link.
  9. Click Insert.
  10. On the block, click the Save icon Save .

I hope this helps,

Jarrad

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Occasional Participant

When I look under TWEET and SHARE,

It only shows Twitter icon, no Facebook, Share, etc..

When I click to ADD, it launches a window for Twitter...

Is there an area where I can define this Social Media Bar?

JC

Honored Contributor

Hi,

You can include Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Like  buttons to the top of your email when you schedule the email. To do so, check mark this box when selecting a date and time to send your email:

Tweet and Share.JPG

Jarrad

Highlighted
Occasional Participant

This is what my area looks like.  I have no social media bar of buttons.... just twitter.  Is there another area I define my social medial urls.. etc..

I don't have facebook, ...

constantcontact.jpg

Honored Contributor

Hi Mitsuo,

I apologize for the confusion.  You are using your own Custom HTML code for your email and therefore you do not have the same easy button to select when scheduling your email.  Instead, you'll want to follow the instructions in the following FAQ to add the Social Share coding to your email.

FAQ 5064:  How do I insert a Social Share bar bar into an HTML or XHTML email?

I hope that helps!

Occasional Participant

Ok this makes more sense now.. Let me read through this and try a few tests.. will let you know.

Thank you!!

Honored Contributor

You're welcome!  That sounds great! Just let me know!

Occasional Participant

Creating a "Share" button w/Facebook & Twitter Clickable Buttons on top

Hi,

I am looking to create a "Share" button that has our Facebook and Twitter accounts on top of it, but where both of them are clickable to our pages.

I'd also like for when a user clicks our Facebook button on our email, it will give them an option to auto-post to Facebook. Is this an option?

Thanks in advance for the help!

Chelsey Laborde