cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you add a Facebook "Like" button to your email?

SOLVED
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Re: Like me on my Facebook page ( link on email)?

Any update on this? Is it possible to "Like" our page directly from the email or still just a link to our FB page?

Thanks!

CTCT Employee

Hello Ben, 

Thank you for posting in your Constant Contact Community!  At this time we do not have the ability to add a "like" button to an email that will allow someone to like the page through the email, we still just allow you to add a link or icon to your Facebook page. I will submit a request on your behalf for this feature.  

Just to give you a bit of information, the coding that is required to add the "like" button is through JavaScript, and it is not allowed in our emails.  We do not accept this code because most email clients will not allow JavaScript, and it could cause the email to go to the Spam folder.  

Thanks, 

Tags (2)
Visitor

Is this feature possible now?

Honored Contributor

Hi @EdwardD07 

This is not possible within our emails, as @Samantha_O states above, it requires JavaScript which is not allowed in our emails.

Apologies for any inconvenience.

Participating Solution Provider

Debi.

When you open a block to edit/add content, in the bar to the left where you add images, videos, etc - if you follow that column down you will see the facebook, twitter, etc. link add. Click on the facebook link. A window pops up asking which button you would like to use. Select the button, then paste your facebook url in so that it automatically links. The same for twitter and linked in.

Debi Katsmar
PRowl Communications
905-734-8273
debi@prowlcommunications.com
2013-2018 Certified Solution Provider
Honored Contributor

Support Blog - Get More Buzz with the Social Share Bar

Support Blog cropped.jpg

Hi everyone,

Today's Support blog post will show you how Get More Buzz with the Social Share Bar.

The Social Share bar is a great way to increase readers by extending your email beyond the inbox. With the Social Share bar your contacts can share your newsletter on Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin and many other Social Networks.

The bar is easy to add and just as easy for your contacts to share the email.

For the full post by Jason Murray, check out: Get More Buzz with the Social Share Bar

As always, we'd love to hear from the Community on this. Either post your feedback here or in the Comments section of the blog post.

Thanks,

Jarrad

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!
Occasional Visitor

"Like" Button for Page, not Newsletter itself?

Hey,

We're trying to add the code for users to "Like" our Fan Page. It looks like CC only supports people liking and sharing the newsletter we send out. Is there a way to get the following code into a newsletter, or something similar?

<div id="fb-root"></div><script src="http://connect.facebook.net/en_US/all.js#appId=204792369556538&amp;xfbml=1"></script><fb:like href="http://www.facebook.com/cdscenters" send="true" layout="button_count" width="450" show_faces="false" font="trebuchet ms"></fb:like>

Honored Contributor

Re: "Like" Button for Page, not Newsletter itself?

HI Jill,

That's a great question and I'm going to test this out. I'll be in touch soon!

Thanks!

Honored Contributor

Re: "Like" Button for Page, not Newsletter itself?

Hi Jill,

Unfortunately what you want to do is not possible at this time. What you can do though is add a Facebook icon under Social Media on the left when editing a block.  Then your readers can go directly to your page and like it manually.  I'm going to pass this idea over to our developers and I hope that they can create this for the future.

Keep those suggestions coming and my apologies that this is not available.

Thanks!

Established Member

Inserting Sharing Button In An Email

Can anybody help me, inserting social media sharing button in the middle of the mail ? Constant Contact allows to insert in the top of the mail.