cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constant Contact wants to help you succeed! We’re celebrating our professional service programs on the Constant Contact Community this month and you have a chance to try one of the services for free! Learn more.

How do you add a Facebook "Like" button to your email?

SOLVED

Re: Adding Like (thumbs up) Facebook option to the top of email

Happy to pass along your vote!

Hannah M.
Community and Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!

Please add my vote too! Thx

Honored Contributor

Thanks for your feedback, Katie! I've passed it on for you!

Visitor

How hard can this be??  If Constant Contact already has it as part of the social share bar, why can't you give us a way to include it in the body of an email?  The social share button is all the way at the top of the email, which doesn't make it very visible--therefore less likely to get anyone to click on it.  I think you guys are holding out on us.  Bad idea, especially when Mail Chimp already has this feature.  Please tell your users ASAP when you have this feature available.

CTCT Employee

We sure will! 

Thank you for the feedback on this, we'll pass this along. 

Bria
Social Support and Community
Solution Provider

Using the social media block in an email campaign & Adding a share block to an email campaign?

In an email campaign, how does the social media block work?  Once it is added, can I link my social media sites to it?  If so, how?  Another post said to click on the messages option and change my settings.  I can't find the messages option to click on.  Help!

Also, can I add a "Share block" to an email campaign or is that just for a social media campaign?  If it can be added to an email campaign, how do I add it?

Thank you!

Highlighted
Occasional Visitor

Re: Using the social media block in an email campaign & Adding a share block to an email campaig

I'm kind of new to this too, but I believe the social media buttons are for your recipients to be able to share on their social media pages.  I don't think you can link to yours via those.

Re: Using the social media block in an email campaign & Adding a share block to an email campaign

Hi Todd and Erika, 

Great questions! Some Email Marketing templates come with Social Media blocks pre-inserted or you can add in Social Media Icons into any block. I've included a screenshot below that outlines the social media button option menu on the left, and the social media block at the bottom. This template came with four icons already inserted but you can remove or add them as necessary. The point of these buttons is to link your readers to your social media sites. You can right click each icon, choose "change" and add in your social media link. 

socialmedia.jpg

Also, as part of Email Marketing there is a "Share Bar" function that you can turn on/off. It appears at the top of any emails you send out and allows your users to share their email on their social media sites.

The "Share Block" is only available for Social Campaigns. This allows your reader to share your social campaign on Twitter of Facebook, so it's not exactly the same. 

Hope this helps,

Hannah M.
Community and Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!
Frequent Visitor

Re: How do you add a Facebook "Like" button to your email?

Being this has been on going for over 3 years.... And still nothing... And you can't add the HTML to it your self... Guess we wont be counting on it being added any time soon, Really annoying when it should be something fairly simple to use their API.

I do it with all my sites and yet my emails are still left without.   kind of sad

Occasional Visitor

Share Bar

I would like to be able to add the Share Bar to my outgoing emails, but it seems I can't because I use my own code through the advanced editor. I would be a nice feature to add. Thanks for your consideration. - Frank Thompson