cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Some customers are seeing intermittent errors when attempting to upload a new image or insert an image into their email. While we look into getting this fixed we have found if you try to reattempt your previous action, the image will be visible. We apologize for this inconvenience.

How do you add a Facebook "Like" button to your email?

SOLVED
Occasional Visitor

I'm trying to add html code to an email to insert a Facebook "Like" button.  This is different than a button with a simple link to your facebook page.  I inserted a new promotion block and used the html viewer to insert the code.  Unfortunately, nothing appeared.  Is there a solution to this posted online?
142 REPLIES 142

I'm having a similar problem, spoke with tier 2 support they told me that once newsletter is published, and then shared on facebook, the like button appears automatically on the newsletter email and archive. Sounds a little bogus to me. I'm going to test it in an hour or so, will post my results.

Okay, so i tested it... you should definitely go the route of tweeting it upon scheduling the send. You can check it out at http://conta.cc/9KGvuW The Like Button is on the archive page there. However, there is no Like Button in the web email, which is a MAJOR disappointment.
Developer

Aaron here from Constant Contact- First I'd like to say that it is awesome to see so many people use our new social media features! Now, let me tell you a little bit about the features to help clarify some points... The "Like" button plus other re-sharing links will indeed show up on the webpage view for Tweeted and Shared emails when you use the "Tweet this email" feature or the share button on the Email Details page! Here's how it works - when you use these new share functions, a brand-new link is created to your email and automatically included in the tweet or share URL. This is a "social webpage view" of your email that is different from the Archive link in that it shows additional share links at the top to help your email go viral. Feel free to copy the link and use it for other things! And also - I see more "Like" buttons in your future emails... stay tuned for some great new features on deck from the Social Media team @constantcontact!
-Aaron Severs
Constant Contact Product Manager, Social Media
Occasional Visitor

Re: How do you add a Facebook "Like" button to your email?

This feature was working before, but seems to have disappeared since the back side/email builder changed in December?  Is there still an option?  I couldn't find it when I went through the social media links as I was composing my email.

Honored Contributor

Hi Mike,

We only have the icons where people can go to your actual Facebook page to like it when you are editing the email.  When you send your email, you can add the Social Share bar, which allows your contacts to share on their social networks and/or "Like" your newsletter on their Facebook Wall.  Is that the one you were talking about?

If it is, you can go into your Email in edit mode. Click the Message Options button in the top right.

message options.png

Then you want to check the box that says Social Share Links.  Then click Ok. 

Social Share Links.png

This will add the Social Share bar to the top of your email when sent.

Social Share in Sent Email.png

Occasional Visitor

Screen shot 2012-02-08 at 3.55.23 PM.png

I wondered how to add a box like the one above, where you can automatically like the PAGE when clicking the button. It would be a great option for those customers that are trying to gain more Facebook followers via their newsletter/ email campaigns.

Currently the constant contact does not allow the script from the plugin that facebook provides for developers.

This is what Facebook provides for HTML5

HTML code

What Constant contact currently provides is great for sharing individual newsletters and or marketing emails. But I can't figure out a way to add a button with the script provided, even with the HTML version.

Being able to do this would be great because it will help customers bring Newsletter followers into the facebook platform.

thank you for your feedback!

All Star

I would also like to see the ability to have a "Like" the fanpage button in our emails.

Occasional Participant

Can someone answer this question? I would also like to know if this is possible. 

Honored Contributor

Thank you everyone for responding your desire to have this functionality. I have passed along your feedback to our developers to check out this thread.  At this time, I am not aware of us having this feature. With that said, our features are brought about from your suggestions.  So please keep them coming.