cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constant Contact wants to help you succeed! We’re celebrating our professional service programs on the Constant Contact Community this month and you have a chance to try one of the services for free! Learn more.

How do you add a Facebook "Like" button to your email?

SOLVED
Honored Contributor

How do I add "Share on Facebook" when we upload our own html and use the advanced editor

Hi Michelle,

Check out FAQ 5064 in the Help section. Just type 5064 in the Keyword search. That will bring up "Inserting a Social Share bar into an HTML or XHTML email".

I hope that helps!

Marissa W.

Community & Social Media Support Representative
Regular Visitor

A Facebook 'Like' Button

Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE MicrosoftInternetExplorer4

Hello, I've searched the community and didn't find anything about adding a Like button to my emails.

What I'm referring to, is how a lot of different blogs are making it easy for readers to post their content to their Facebook page by clicking on a 'Like' button.

Is it possible to do this with an email newsletter? If anyone has any thoughts on this, I'd be interested to hear them.

Contributing Solution Provider

A Facebook 'Like' Button

To insert a link for either your Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube, Flickr or Blog account directly into an email: Find the block where the link will go. Click the Edit icon . Position your cursor where you want the icon to appear. Under Social Media on the left side of the screen, click on either the Facebook , LinkedIn , Twitter , YouTube , Flickr , or Blog icon. In the window that appears, choose the image you wish to use from the available choices. Follow the instructions under the Link box within the window to get the unique social media link. Click Insert. Wishing you success

Puzzle Master, Solutions Consultant
Niche Marketing Strategy, Solutions & Support for the solopreneurs; small and mid-sized companies.
Publisher, Author, Speaker

Solutions, not just answers.
One Size does NOT fit all.
Solutions to fit your niche, your business and your budget.

A Facebook 'Like' Button

This works fine for a simple link to facebook, etc. but does anyone know how to use the actual code for "Like Us" ? http://developers.facebook.com/docs/reference/plugins/like-box/ we can get it to show up in email - ie. gmail, etc.

Occasional Visitor

Like me on my Facebook page ( link on email)?

How do I add a link onto my email newsletter so that people can like my facebook business page?

Participating Solution Provider

Re: Like me on my Facebook page ( link on email)?

When you open a block to edit/add content, in the bar to the left where you add images, videos, etc - if you follow that column down you will see the facebook, twitter, etc. link add. Click on the facebook link. A window pops up asking which button you would like to use. Select the button, then paste your facebook url in so that it automatically links. The same for twitter and linked in.

Debi.

Debi Katsmar
PRowl Communications
905-734-8273
debi@prowlcommunications.com
2013-2018 Certified Solution Provider
Tags (1)

Maybe someone can help me out here. I see how to add the facebook links using the insert tool in the editor. I don't see how to add a "like" button among the facebook buttons that are offerred.

I have a custom email that I produced. I've already added the facebook like button graphic. I just need the code so that when the email recipient clicks on the "like" button in the email it will add that person's like to our facebook business/fan page. Is it possible to do this directly from the email in the recipients email client?

Disregard my post, I found my answer here:

http://community.constantcontact.com/t5/Email-Marketing/quot-Like-quot-Button-for-Page-not-Newslette...

It's not possible to do this as of June 2011

Honored Contributor

Hi Peter,

You can add a Social Share bar to your custom email which will have a Like button. To add a Social Share bar to the email, follow the steps in this FAQ: Inserting a Social Share bar into an HTML or XHTML email

I hope this helps,

Jarrad

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!
Honored Contributor

Hi again,

I misunderstood your post. The Like button will not add the user to your Facebook page. I'll go ahead and submit a feature request to see if that's something we could add in the future.

Thanks,

Jarrad

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!