cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Due to an issue with YouTube, inserting videos in your emails is showing an error. Until they are able to resolve this issue, we recommend using a different video hosting service. We will continue to monitor this outage and update you as we have more information.

How do you add a Facebook "Like" button to your email?

SOLVED
Honored Contributor

Re: Creating a "Share" button w/Facebook & Twitter Clickable Buttons on top

Hi Pat,

When you are creating your email, we have on the left Social Media Links that you can insert into your email that will take your contacts to your Facebook and Twitter pages.  It is on the left when you are editing a block and looks like the following image:

social media links.png

You can also choose to include our Social Share bar in your email. This will appear at the top of your sent email and will give your contacts the ability to share your email on their Social Networks, including Facebook.

When you are scheduling your email, you want to choose under Tweet and Share the option that says "Make it social! Add share links to the top of your email."

tweet and share.png

Then they can choose what text they want to post to their Facebook.

I hope that helps!

Occasional Participant

Marissa,

Yes, that does help, but we were hoption to include this button: share_now.png

And would like the Facebook and Twitter icons to be clickable. I tried to spit the image so that I could like each to a different site, but Constant Contact leaves a huge space between each. Is there any other way I can do this?

Thanks so much,

Chelsey

Honored Contributor

Hi,

You could use what are called image maps to make the two sections of the image clickable. This requires some knowledge of HTML coding. For assistance with this, check out www.w3schools.com.

I hope this helps,

Jarrad

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!
Occasional Participant

Thank you for your help! Very helpful.

Chelsey

Visitor

The Tweet & Share options do not appear to be available.  Did something change?

Honored Contributor

Hi Craig,

We're not experiencing any trouble with Tweet & Share not displaying.  What exactly is happening in your account?  Please provide me with screenshots if possible and do I have your permission to look into your account?

Thanks!

Visitor

Hi. 

I'm having trouble finding the links to "Make it Social" also.  I tried to schedule the email in the hopes they would show up, but I'm just not seeing where they are.  You have permission to look in my account if you need to. 

Basically, I want to include links for my recipients to share my email with their friends on Facebook and Twitter.  I am not trying to figure out how to share it with MY friends on Facebook or my Twitter followers.

Thanks!

-Matt

Honored Contributor

Hi Matt,

Are you trying to turn on the Social Share Bar that would be located at the top of your email so that your contacts can share your email on their Social Networks?

If so, you want to go into your email that is in draft form.  Then hover over and click on the Header Options block - this is the one with the From, Subject, Reply and Having Trouble Viewing this email information.  Once you click on that, you'll receive an overlay that has the Social Share links located near the bottom.  Just check the box and click the OK button.  And you're good to go!

Let me know if that's what you were looking for!

Occasional Advisor

Is there any way to format or center the social share buttons that appear in the header? Or maybe center the web version link? Currently, the social media bars are lining up nicely with my left border of the email content, but the "view on web site" is at the far left of the entire message. Didn't the 'view on website' text used to be centered? The option to at least move these two fields would be a great help. Thanks.

Hi Joan,

Thanks for posting. The webpage version is left aligned by default but you can center the text if you would like. Take a look at this FAQ for some directions. 

The share bar that appears when the email is sent can't be moved but I'm happy to submit that suggestion for you!

Thanks,

Hannah M.
Community and Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!