cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to I use an existing email template to email clients?

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

How to I use an existing email template to email clients?

1) I I have built a welcome email and I want to be able to use it to email any lead I might have manually. Every time I go to "new email" it forces me into the template selection area. I don't want to physically make a new email, I want to use the existing template and pick who I send it to. I imagine this is a very easy fix, but can someone help me? I can't seem to get any support from Constant Contact which is ironic 

1 REPLY 1

Re: How to I use an existing email template to email clients?

Hello @First-NameL72370! I'd be happy to help you with your welcome email. The default Welcome Email that you have edited in your account is only sent out to new contacts who sign up to join your mailing list using a Constant Contact sign-up form. This email is not able to be sent out to contacts that you manually add to your account (through a file import or typing in/pasting contacts) nor is it able to be copied to create a new email.

If you wanted to send out an automated welcome email to your leads, I would suggest creating an autoresponder series, which would send an email to any new contacts that are added to a specific list, no matter how they were imported into your account. You can create a specific list for your leads in your account and then create the automated email that would send to them once you add them to your lead list. Once you activate the series, your leads will now receive a welcome email! Please let us know if you have any questions!

Caitlin M.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.