cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Make a Background Image Non-Repeating

Occasional Visitor

Re: How to Make a Background Image Non-Repeating

Has this been fixed yet?  can do it and I'm close to my renewal time on my business license.  We may switch just because of this. 

CTCT Employee

Hello @GinnyG45

I certainly understand why you would like to have a non-repeating background image in your email. I wanted to provide a little more information as to why we do not allow single image backgrounds. Depending on the length of your newsletter, a single background image could stretch or become very distorted when it arrives in your contact's inbox. We allow tiled background images to ensure that the image stays the same throughout the entire length of the email. We suggest you upload an image that will tie seamlessly with itself. We do have a few options available in the editor that you can use. There are also many third party sites with available seamless tiled backgrounds. If you have any further questions please feel free to reach out.

Elizabeth Moneypenny
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
All Star

IN other words - Constant Contact either doesn't care, or refuses to listen to all of these people complaining about the same thing and do something to fix it. You heard what she said -  CAN do it, so it CAN be done. I am already in the process of talking to my boss about leaving you guys, because you refuse to solve this issue, even though you have known about it for a long time now. Don't make lame excuses -  offers it, so you simply cannot claim that it can't be done. Basic websites have this SIMPLE function. You either don't know HOW to fix it, or you're refusing to. Either way, this is TERRIBLE customer service. We don't want excuses- we want it resolved.

Occasional Visitor

Are there plans to offer a single non-repeating background option?

We'd like our newsletter to match our website but it looks so silly to have the background tile and repeat.

Thanks

Sarah

JapaneseSwords4Samurai.com 

Tags (2)
All Star

Look how many different people are commenting who are all annoyed at this, and then look how long this problem has been gone on unresolved.  Exactly how many customers are you willing to lose before you take action to fix this? A problem like this should be an easy fix - not something you risk losing customers over. 

Tags (3)
CTCT Employee

Hi @MariaS05,

We appreciate your feedback on this feature request!  As Aaron_H mentioned, our developers are tracking the requests for this feature to see about prioritizing it for implementation. We do hope that it will be considered soon, as we know it would be a very useful feature to have.

Donna_P.

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
CTCT Employee

Hello @SuperB4,

Thank you for coming to the community!  We absolutely see how background images could be important for your branding, and we're continuing to track that request for our development team.  We're always looking to improve our features, and we use customer feedback like yours to help those engineers determine which features should be a priority.

If you have any other ideas or requests, please feel free to let us know so we can pass them on to that development team as well.

Aaron H

Visitor

seriously!

Tags (1)
Highlighted
CTCT Employee

Hello @gabss,

Thank you for reaching out.  I have added you to this feature request so that we can see about bringing more attention to this!  Let us know if we can do anything else for you.

Briody_W

Frequent Visitor

Yes, please!  This is very frustrating and looks like something my middle-schooler created having a repeated background!