cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Make a Background Image Non-Repeating

Occasional Contributor

How to Make a Background Image Non-Repeating

Hello,
We are trying to send out an email blast with a background image instead of a solid color. I have one selected through the custom pattern option, but it repeats. I would like to have the background picture fill the whole background, definitely not repeating.

I am new to editing with pictures and constant contact. Any help will be most appreciated!
Thank you
Here is a picture of what has happens:

Screen Shot 2018-01-13 at 4.25.10 PM.png

This is how I want the background to look, with it filling the whole background block.:
paintingbackup2.jpg

9 REPLIES
CTCT Employee

Re: How to Make a Background Image Non-Repeating

@AlanK6

Thank you so much for reaching out to the Community! At this time within the 3GE editor, we don't have the capability of changing the background from repeating to non-repeating. I do apologize for the inconvenience.

We really appreciate your specific feedback on how this feature can be improved. It's great insight for our developers to review as they map out future updates for the product. I have tracked it in your account for them to see.I also encourage you to check out our Feedback area of the Community where you can post any additional feedback you have and chime in with other customers sharing their ideas.

In the meantime, if you have any further questions please feel free to reach out to us here. We are always happy to assist you in any way we can.

Taryn L.
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!
All Star

It's ridiculous that you guys can't figure out a fix for this problem! I too have the same problem. I like to keep our E-News fresh every week with a new background image, and the images you offer are very vanilla and limited. If you can't fix this problem, then the LEAST you can do for your paying customers is offer more of a variety of backgrounds. I have complained about this to you guys for over a year and here we are still talking about this in 2018. All you're doing is paving way for a competing company to fix the problems you refuse to solve and take all of your customers away. Get it together CC! 

CTCT Employee

Hi @MariaS05

Thank you for reaching out to the Constant Contact Community. I'm sorry for your frustration with this feature. 

I have submitted your feedback to our developers and we are always looking for feedback to our product team and I do encourage you to also explore our Feedback section and provide it directly to them as well. Please feel free to reach out to us here anytime, we are happy to assist.

Thank you for choosing Constant Contact. Have a great day!

Adrienne B.

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!

There are alot of basic features they just can't figure out!

Tags (3)
CTCT Employee

Hi @suepcmcu,

Thank you for reaching out to us about this. Your feedback is greatly appreciated, and we are very sorry about any inconvenience this may have caused. Our developers have received your feedback, and we also suggest that you mention this in our Feedback section.

Please reach out to us if you have any more questions, and thank you for choosing Constant Contact!

Zoe_H

All Star

With all due respect that is all you folks ever do ... just send us robotic replies saying that you're sorry and that the people who need to be aware are aware. That doesn't help us! We don't want words - we want ACTION. This is the kind of customer service that is going to send your customers straight into the arms of your competitors.

Tags (3)

Hi @MariaS05. Thank you so much for coming into the Community. I certainly understand why you would like to have a non-repeating background image in your email. I wanted to provide a little more information as to why background images repeat. Depending on the length of your newsletter, a single background image could stretch or become very distorted. Having a tiled background image ensures that the image stays the same throughout the entire length of the email.

I see that you had posted earlier in this thread about the background images that are available in accounts. Although you can change the background pattern and color and also insert your own custom background pattern, I certainly understand why you would like to see more variety in the choices already available within the editor. What types of backgrounds were you looking for? Our Third-Generation Editor is constantly being updated with new features and improvements and many of these features are a direct result of feedback from our customers. We appreciate (and read!) every piece of feedback we receive and we would love to hear yours!

Caitlin M

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media. Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!
KVP
Occasional Visitor

It's simple! We want to be able to fill a background with one image, instead of it repeating. simple. Please create this capability as soon as possible.

CTCT Employee

Hi @KVP,

Thank you for reaching out to us through the Community. I have tracked this request to your account and have notified our developers about the suggestion. I do apologize for any inconvenience this may cause in not having this ability, but we most certainly appreciate any feedback and suggestions you may provide us. Please let us know if you need assistance with anything else. 

Lucas_D

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing
Still need help?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!