cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add another email address for a customer

Occasional Contributor

How to add another email address for a customer

When I enter or review a contact I orginally was able to add another emails= for a customer, However, this option is no longer available.  There is a drop down to add another phone number or address but there is no longer a drop down to enter another email.

19 REPLIES 19
Regular Visitor

Re: How to add another email address for a customer

THANK YOU!!!! I'm having the same issue... I've been struggling for at least 30 minutes with it and thought I was going crazy... Thought I was doing something wrong.  Glad to see I'm not the only one!!  I need this option back becuase I don't want to have to add the same client 3 times just because they have 3 different emails.

CTCT Employee

Hello @LoriC339 and @ChrisD0690,

We have made a change in the way you upload email addresses; you will only be able to have one email address per contact now. If you do need multiple email addresses, you will need to do a few uploads for the additional email addresses.

Brittany W
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.
All Star

What does that mean, "If you do need multiple email addresses, you will need to do a few uploads for the additional email addresses."?

I have couples/families who are one account/contact and in my situation one spouse doesn't tell the other spouse when the email comes in, and they'd like to read it too, so I need to be able to keep two emails on one contact otherwise, my accounting/numbers will be a mess. This change is not helpful.

Occasional Contributor

We also have couples who are one account/contact and one spouse doesn't tell the other spouse when the email comes in, and they'd like to read it too. Having the 2 emails worked perfectly for us - don't understand why it was taken away.

Hello @MelanieM73@ChrisD0690, and @LoriC339. Thank you for your feedback about the changes that we made around the ability to have multiple email addresses for one contact We removed this option to alleviate some pain points for customers that were causing things such as duplications within the account. These contacts have also been known to cause issues with our system and we are looking to simplify.

In order for one contact (or couples/families in your cases) to have two email addresses in the account, you would need to create two separate profiles for the family or couple with their own email addresses. These contacts can have the same first and last name, the only difference between the contacts would be the email address associated with it.

I understand that this change we made certainly affects how you upload and view your contacts but I ensure you that we are listening to your feedback about this and encourage you to add why this is important to your business here.

Caitlin M.

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Regular Visitor

this change is NOT helpful.  please return to multiple email addresses per contact.... please!

Highlighted

Hello @SabrinaB12,

I do apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. I understand how this feature has been beneficial to some of our customers. Your feedback has been tracked in your account so the appropriate department will see it. 

Nick S.
Social Media & Content Manager

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Occasional Visitor

North Arrow has been a client since before I came on board in 2013.  Today is the first day I've been dissappointed by your company and your strange decision to not allow more than one email to be sent to within each contact.

When will you be going back to allowing more than one email address to be entered?  Very vague reasons as to why this was implemented in the first place which seems to be getting many users crying foul: "Cash grab".  I just got through giviing my boss a tutorial on using it after importing his outlook database yesterday and this left a sour taste in his mouth.  We're trying to use this as our main contact database now rather than just a mailout tool which I thought it would be good for and we're already paying for it. 

It just became a little more cumbersome.  I have really been enjoying Constant Contact up until today.

Your feedback would be appreciated,

Thank you. 

Hello @NorthArrowMinion. Thank you for your feedback regarding our change in contact management. I do realize that this change will affect the way that you manage your contacts and we want to make sure that you understand why we made this change. We did this to alleviate some pain points that some customers were experiencing when working with contacts that had multiple email addresses. I encourage you to read this post that we created that provides more information on the changes that will be coming to these contacts. You can still upload multiple email addresses for a contact and give them the same name, but each email address would have its own contact and appear in your account as such:

multiplecontacts2.png

I did want to let you know that with any contacts currently in your account that have multiple email address, when they are separated there will not be an immediate impact on your billing. If you end up having a higher number of active contacts in your account, they will not be counted towards your invoice or billable contact count. The newly created contacts will be discounted from your total billable contact count indefinitely. The link listed above has more details on this, if you are looking for more information.

If you have any concerns or further questions about this, you are welcome to email us at social_support(at)constantcontact(dot)com.

Caitlin M.