cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add another email address for a customer

All Star

Re: How to add another email address for a customer

This change may be the most simple way to fix other issues for CTCT but it by no means customer friendly. I am now looking at other email clients to migrate to that are more user friendly with better programmers that do not just dump customer needs to fix tech issues. 

Jarrett

Hi @KimP54. I apologize if this change has caused you any inconvenience and I understand why you would like this feature back in your account. I will track this feedback in your account. Please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns. 

Caitlin M.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Occasional Visitor

This is very disappointing!  

Hello @AUSB,

We're very sorry for any inconvenience this has caused! I have submitted your feedback to our developers for review. 

Nick S.
Social Media & Content Manager

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Regular Visitor

I am like everyone else here who has couples that don't always relay the information in the email to their spouse.  To create a new contact for the 2nd spouse in the same household will ruin the way I keep I track of the number of families I coorespond with (2 separate email contacts would = 2 households instead of 1).... Multiply that by the amount of times I have to add a new contact for a 2nd email and my numbers are completely off.  I hope you all realize this and return it to the previous way!

All Star
All Star

I'm with the other people who need all addresses under ONE ENTRY.

I work for a property owner's association. In MOST cases a husband wife, or two other family members or business partners, who may not even live in the same country, need to receive the same email.

I PERSONALLY need to be able to review their response PER OWNER, not by email address. THIS change will increase the amount of time required for my monthly reseach of members who are responding 

I'm not fooled, the reason this was done wsa because we pay per the number of contacts we have on our lists. THIS way, each new contact we add increases the cost range. I will be investigating another product.

I'll be happy to provide this complaint at your link above. 

One UNHAPPY Office Manager,

Denise Maul

Occasional Visitor

I agree with your post.  I just told my 11 year old the adage "follow the money".   In this case, Constant Contact has done what will increase money in their pocket not what is best for the subscribers.  I too will be looking for another product and not renew. 

CTCT Employee

Hello @POA, @JenniferG581,

I apologize that you are unhappy with this change. I wanted to share with you a communication we sent out via email to our customers last night.

"Starting in mid-January, contacts in your account with more than one email address will be separated into individual contacts, each with one unique email address. This change will not impact your billing.
Here’s an example of how your contacts may change:

contacts_single_email.png

Again, there will be no change to your bill. Although the number of active contacts in your account may increase, they will not be counted towards your invoice or your billable contact count. We will discount your newly created contacts from your total billable count indefinitely. All contacts will remain on the list they were originally assigned to.

There’s no action required on your part. You can continue to manage and send emails to these contacts. If you have any questions, please read our FAQ or contact our help center.

As always, thank you for being a Constant Contact customer.

Sincerely,
The Constant Contact Team"

Jonathan Rich

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media. Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!
Occasional Visitor

This is a total pain in the butt.  We're a sports organization and to keep track of a player's mom, dad, and the player himself now needs three different entries?  Mom can have one name, dad may have another, and these changes make organization HARDER!  Cmon, there's other ways to solve the issues some customers face without creating a bigger issue for others!

Chris

Hello @JackFrostRacingFoundation. Thank you for your feedback regarding the changes that we made with contacts now having a single email address. This system had been causing issues for some of our customers and we wanted to simply it and make it user friendly for everyone. I can certainly submit this feedback over to our product team. You can sort your contacts by last name and also use the search box under Contacts to search for specific contacts as well.

Caitlin M.