cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add french accents into subject line

SOLVED
Occasional Contributor

How to add french accents into subject line

Hi, I'm trying to add a french accent into the subject line,Rosé  but they are not coming up - this happens: Rosé Champagnes

please help

7 REPLIES 7

Re: How to add french accents into subject line

Hello @HerveR,

Thank you for bringing this to the attention of the Community. I do apologize for any inconvenience but the editor does not currently support special characters like the french accent in the subject lines. It is something we are collecting feedback on and I will most certainly note in your account that this is something you would like to see. 

Nick S.
Social Media & Content Manager

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Occasional Contributor

Thank you Nick, appreciate the response.

Hello @HerveR,

Absolutely. I'm happy to assist. If there is anything else we can do to help please let us know!

Nick S.
Social Media & Content Manager

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Highlighted

Not a solution

CTCT Employee

Hi @AmandaS57 and @HerveR,

I'm sorry our editor doesn't support special characters in the subject line, but I do have an update on this for you! By utilizing a Unicode converter you can add a special character (a letter with an accent) in the subject line of your email campaign. And when your email campaign is sent the receiving email client will properly convert the code. For example, if you need "Rosé Champagnes" in the subject line, you'll replace it with "Ros=?UTF-8?B?w6k=?= Champagnes". Here's an example:

2017-06-27_11-56-45.png

As Nick explained, this is a feature request in which we're collecting feedback. In the meantime, you can let us know the special character you need and we can provide you with the code.

Nichelle M
Community & Social Media Support

All Star

I need this ability also!

Thank you!

Sharon Lounsberry

Hi @SharonL2327

Thank you for sharing your feedback on this feature! Have you tried the workaround previously mentioned in this thread? While being able to add accents into a subject line is not currently available, converting the entire subject line to UTF-8 works for many customers. I would suggest doing an internet search for a "Subject line converter" or "UTF-8 Converter Tool".

Frankie P.
Community & Social Media Support