Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add link to "Shop Now" Button

SOLVED
Highlighted
Occasional Visitor

How to add link to "Shop Now" Button

How can I add a hyperlink to the buttons that are in some of the e-mail templates.  For examlpe, one template has a "shop now" button and a "see more" button, but I can't figure out how to make the button itself link to my website.  I can add a separate link above or below the button, but can't add it to the actual button like I can add a link to my own images.

Thank you!

13 REPLIES 13

Creating Linked Buttons for my emails

I do I create Facebook, Twitter, and Linked in Buttons for my signature on my emails?

I have a Mac Compurter if that makes a difference.

Contributing Solution Provider

Re: Creating Linked Buttons for my emails

When you email is open in the editing mode, locate the block where the link will go.

Click the Edit icon  .

Position your cursor where you want the icon to appear.

Under Social Media Links on the left side of the screen, click on the icons you want to insert:  Facebook, LinkedIn , Twitter , Flickr, Blog, or YouTube.

In the window that appears, you will see a few choices of icon images to use. Choose the image you wish to use from the available choices. 

Follow the instructions under the Link box within the window to get the unique social media link to either your personal page or business/fan page.

Click Insert.

On the block, click the Save icon.

Viola'  That should place the icons in your email.

Wishing you awesome and continuing success,

Sumner

Puzzle Master, Solutions Consultant
Niche Marketing Strategy, Solutions & Support for the solopreneurs; small and mid-sized companies.
Publisher, Author, Speaker

Solutions, not just answers.
One Size does NOT fit all.
Solutions to fit your niche, your business and your budget.
CTCT Employee

Re: How to add link to "Shop Now" Button

Updated: November 2017

Hi there,

If the template comes with a 'Shop Now' button, you'll want to highlight the text, select the Link button, and paste in your URL to your website.  Here is a screenshot for 2GE users:

Link

For 3GE users, If your template doesn't already include a button, click the Blocks tab and add one to your template.
Tip: Make your call-to-action prominent by keeping your button placement toward the top of your email.

1. Click the button to open the editor and use the drop-down menus to change the button color, alignment, font style, font color, or font size.
  2. Click the Link button to open the "Insert Link" box.
  3. Select the Type of link in the dialog box.
    Note: Adding a mailto link? The subject line and body content can be customized using a little HTML.
  4. In the Text to display on button field, replace the default text with a clear call to action. The size of the button will increase or decrease based on the amount of text and the font size. If you have several buttons that you want to keep the same size, try adding spaces or hitting Enter before and after the text to change the length and width.
    Examples:  
    • Buy Now
    • View Our Calendar
    • RSVP
    • Learn More
  5. In the Link URL field, paste the URL for your web page. Click Test link to make sure the link is working properly
  6. Click Insert to close the box and finish editing the rest of your email.

Here is a screenshot for 3GE users:

Alternatively, you can do a search on the internet for free button images, select one that you like and upload it to your Constant Contact Library, insert it into your email and turn that image into a clickable link.  Any image can be a clickable link, so find an image that works for you and use it to direct your customers to your webpage.

Any image can be a clickable link, so find an image that works for you and use it to direct your customers to your webpage.

I hope that information was helpful to you,

Bria
Social Support and Community
Occasional Visitor

Thank you, Bria!  That works perfectly!

CTCT Employee

Excellent! Glad to hear it. Please mark that post as an Accepted Solution.

Bria
Social Support and Community
Honored Contributor

How to Make an Image a Clickable Link

If you use images within your emails, there are reasons why you may want them to also be a link. Sometimes just a text link isn’t going to accomplish what you want and you need a bigger call to action.  Did you know that not only can you make an image clickable to a URL but you can also make it clickable to a mailto link?  So if you have an image of your signature and you want someone to click on that to send you an email, you can do that within our system. You can view those instructions here.

But I’m going to show you how easy it is to make an image a clickable link.

• Go into the block where you have inserted the image or want to insert the image
    - If the image is already inserted, you want to double click on it to get the overlay
    - When you're inserting the image you will see this overlay
        - Type in the URL for the website you want to make clickable in this box "Make a clickable link"

• insert link for image.jpg

• Make sure "Track" is checked if you'd like to see how many people/who clicked the image to go to the link
  • If youclick the little arrow, that will test the URL to ensure you are sending them to where you want to
  • Then click Insert
  • Then Save the block

It's that easy! If you have any questions, let us know!

Here are some other useful FAQs:

Make an image a clickable link to a document

Make an image a clickable link to an anchor

Visitor

How do you remove the "underlining" of the text link. After I highlight the text within the button and make it a live link, it puts a line under the text. How do you keep the integrity of the "button" so that it looks like a button rather than linked text within a button?

Thanks!

Honored Contributor

Hello @RickB259 , 

If you are adding in a text link to take off the underline you will want to use the buttons to the right and above the section titled "Link Text".  Take a look at this screenshot:  

2014-12-15_0905.png

Visitor

accepted solution, thanks!

@Samantha_O wrote:

Hello @RickB259 , 

If you are adding in a text link to take off the underline you will want to use the buttons to the right and above the section titled "Link Text".  Take a look at this screenshot:  

2014-12-15_0905.png

@Samantha_O wrote:

Hello @RickB259 , 

2014-12-15_0905.png

Still need help?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!