cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
In recognition of Martin Luther King Day, our Support Centers will be open with limited hours on Monday (1/20) from 10AM ET to 6PM ET.
Visit our Help Center to see all of the ways you can find answers to your questions.

How to add video to my email?

SOLVED

How do I add video to my CTCT emails so my clients won't be redirected to another page? I need this feature as video is a huge seller for me.

Thx!
Tags (2)
11 REPLIES 11
Honored Contributor

Hi Josh, We do not support the ability to embed video clips directly into an email. Many ISPs block certain types of file attachments that are known to spread viruses, particularly video files, and many email programs are unable to view videos within an email. We advise linking to the video instead. Here is a link to the full FAQ on inserting videos into emails. I hope that helps! Marissa W. Community & Social Media Support Representative

Gab

Re: How to add video to my email?

Thanks for a clear and simple explanation.

Gavi

Honored Contributor

You're welcome Gavi! :smileyface: Happy to help!

Visitor

i am not able to follow through to the link and i need assistance on adding a video / link to video. help please.

UPDATED: March 2018

Hi Angela,

Sorry about that, it looks like the link has changed a bit. Here are the directions again. Make sure your video is hosted somewhere online that is compatible, like YouTube, Vimeo, or Wistia. You will need to copy the URL for the video.

Hannah M.
Community and Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!
Occasional Participant

I have followed the instructions to the letter and tried adding at least 7 different vldeo clip links - every time the system tells me that the URL is invalid.

(EDIT - I have used the full URL as shown in the address bar of You Tube so they are not shortened URLs)

Does this facility actually work ???

Has anyone managed to actually add a video clip to their newsletter?

Kind regards

Phil Holding

Honored Contributor

Hi Phil,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having difficulty adding a YouTube video to your email. I'm able to add videos to my emails.

Can you share with me the URL that you are trying to add?  I normally click the "Share" link under the video and copy the URL from there.

Also, if you could let me know the name of your email and the browser you're using, I'm happy to take a look for you.

Thanks!

Occasional Participant

Marissa,

Many thanks for your speedy response.

The full URL for the video clip is: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uRVd-UMXy0

The share URL from the you tube page is: 

http://youtu.be/5uRVd-UMXy0

The name of my email? - do you mean the draft newsletter email? - SYBAI 02 september 2013 Newsletter

Browser - Firefox.

Kind regards

Phil.

Occasional Participant

Marissa,

SILLY ME!  Just realised that I was trying to add the video clip in place of the product image - just tried again to add the video clip within the description block and of course it works!

Sorry to have troubled you.

Kindest regards

Phil.