cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to capture names with text-to-join?

How to capture names with text-to-join?

Hey there,

We've got text-to-join up and running, but the there has to be a way to capture people's names in a more streamlined way.

Right now, it's to tell them to:

1) Scroll to the bottom of the welcome email

2) Click on "Update Profile"

3) Be Redirected to the Constant Contact page

4) Read through that and request an email

5) Open email

6) Be redirected to a Constant Contact page to update their profile.

Surely there is a more streamlined way. This process is going to lose people by step 3, and we won't ever have their names...

1 REPLY 1

Re: How to capture names with text-to-join?

Hi @NancyL23583 

Collecting additional Contact Details through your Text To Join is a great feature request we have submitted in your account. I apologize for any inconvenience that may be caused from this feature not being available! At this time we suggest to continue collecting these names through the Update Profile link in your Welcome Email. I also would like to mention the only a previously unsubscribed contact will have to read through a second email after vising the Update Profile Form. Any other contact will be able to update their contact details directly on the Update Profile Form.

Frankie P.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.