cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constant Contact wants to help you succeed! We’re celebrating our professional service programs on the Constant Contact Community this month and you have a chance to try one of the services for free! Learn more.

How to change width of column

All Star

How to change width of column

Am unable to change the width of a column in an e-newsletter sent monthly. There are two columns and one is much too narrow. In reviewing this forum I found a previous posting on the topic which recommended making changes in the code. I tried that but saw no change. Is there another approach? Or after changing the code is there another step to get the change 'active'? - R Aikman

6 REPLIES 6
CTCT Employee

Re: How to change width of column

Hello @JeffreyS75,

Thank you for reaching out to us. The process of changing a column in a template can change depending on a few different factors. In order to help you, could you please reply with the name of the email you're working on? Or if you'd prefer to keep that information private, you can also reply to us via email at social_support(at)constantcontact(dot)com. Thank you!

Brandon A.
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media. Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!
Tags (1)

Having same problem, but don't see an answer here. Left column too wide.

https://ui.constantcontact.com/rnavmap/emcf/email/edit?flow=edit&camefrom=view&campaign=156305fb-efe...

Highlighted
Occasional Participant

They don't really seem to want to fix things, just get your info. 

I have to use this today, but I will be so out of here as soon as possible.

User-unfriendly in the extreme. 

CTCT Employee

Hello @RodneyP806,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I'm sorry to hear that your experience so far has not been satisfactory. We'd love to assist with any issues you may be experiencing. If you happen to need assistance, feel free to email us at social_support(at)constantcontact(dot)com with a description of your issue. In the meantime, I hope you have a great day!

Tiago_R

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing
CTCT Employee

Hi @RodneyP806,

Thank you for reaching out to us through the Community. I am sorry to hear that our editor feels user-unfriendly. We do appreciate any feedback or suggestions so that we may direct them to our developers to enhance our products for our customers' satisfaction. In regards to editing the column width of the email campaign, it does require a couple of different factors as we have different blocks within our editing tool. However, for the most part, to change the width of a specific column, you will need to hover (not click) over your column section. Once you do that, the outline of the blocks should appear along with the divider bar in the center between the columns. You will need to click and hold that divider bar and drag it either to right or the left to change the width. I hope this helps. Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Capture 1.pngCapture 2.png

Lucas_D

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing
CTCT Employee

Hello @JeffreyS75,

As Brandon mentioned in the inital response, we would like to look into this for you as well. Just follow the steps quoted here and we will be happy to assist.

@Brandon_A wrote:

Thank you for reaching out to us. The process of changing a column in a template can change depending on a few different factors. In order to help you, could you please reply with the name of the email you're working on? Or if you'd prefer to keep that information private, you can also reply to us via email at social_support(at)constantcontact(dot)com. Thank you!

-Curtis P

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media. Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!