cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constant Contact wants to help you succeed! We’re celebrating our professional service programs on the Constant Contact Community this month and you have a chance to try one of the services for free! Learn more.

How to delete contacts that have never opened one of my emails

Highlighted
Occasional Advisor

I have been told....

I have been told several times you will be able to determine if a person has not opened an email in the past ___.  For example i have a list but if a person has not opened in a year i want to delete them but i can only tell one email to the next... i need to know who has not opened in the past year so i can clean up my list. I am paying too much for people who are not using the service.  Price jump has really hit me hard and I need to have this ability.  WHEN WILL WE BE ABLE TO DO THIS??? please help

Re: I have been told....

Hi @SusanW56

Thank you for reaching out to the Community with your question. Unfortunately at this time we do not offer a reporting of contacts who did not open an email for a certain period of time. I appologize for any inconvience this may cause and would be happy to pass along your feedback for this feature.

However there are two work arounds you can try in the meantime, one can be done in Constant Contact the other outside of the system. If you wanted to create the list outside of Constant Contact, you can do so by exporting the Did Not Open list for each campaign individually. Once you have those exported you can merge them all into one file. If you were interested in creating this list inside of Constant Contact, here is a link to a post we previously created with steps on how to do so.

Frankie.P
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Occasional Advisor

I have been told about these work arounds but I dont want to try those if i can avoid them as i have 75,000 contacts.  I would love it if somebody from the support can do this as i have been promised by CC for the past 3 years that this is coming... i have been a loyal supporter of CC but i need help on this task.

Hello @SusanW56,

I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. I know this is something you have requested and feedback is still being collected about adding it to the product. I can definitely see the merits for how it would save time trying to understand contact behavior. I am going to reach out to you at the contact email address on file with your account to discuss some account sensitive information that might assist you with completing this task.

Nick S.
Social Media & Content Manager

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Regular Visitor

Mass delete of addresses that did not open my email

I have a large number of email addresses that are no longer opening my emails. I want to delete them so I can reduce my monthly charge. I can only do this one address at a time - this there a way to delete the whole group?

Re: Mass delete of addresses that did not open my email

Hello @JerryS8. Thanks for coming into the Community! There is a way to manually create a Did Not Open list in Constant Contact which you can find here. We are always looking for ways to improve our reporting and I will submit your feedback over to the appropriate team.

Caitlin M.
Community & Social Media Support