cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to delete contacts that have never opened one of my emails

All Star

Re: How can I find who NEVER opens my emails?

Wow, look at that! (I searched for everyone with no email address.) You're right, and I had no idea. Between subscribers who have died, and problemmatic email address here and there, they add up over the years, don't they? Thanks, Caitlin!

HI @HazelT3. You're so welcome! I'm glad I was able to assist you with this. Please don't hesitate to reach out if you need any more assistance. 

Caitlin M.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.

How do I search for someone who isn't on a LIST? Like the open list? I can't seem to follow that step in advanced search...

Hello @MFSeminars. You can used the Advanced search to find contacts who aren't on a list. You will search for "List" and "is blank" then click Search.This will bring up all contacts who are not on any of your lists.

listisblank.png

Caitlin M.

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Occasional Contributor

How to create a report for contacts who haven't opened the last "x" number of emails

I've done some searching for info on this but mostly I find old posts that had no input from Constant Contact representatives.

I have around 8000 contacts in my list. Many of those are ".edu" addresses since one of our stores is in a college town, and many of those are no longer valid. Add that to the contacts who just simply don't open our emails anymore and I have a lot of addresses to get rid of.

I've tried compiling the info into excel spreadsheets, and have successfully got the addresses in there for folks who haven't opened our emails for the last seven we sent.

However, now I need to figure out all the addresses that occur in each of those seven lists, giving me a list of all those who haven't opened ANY of the last seven.

I need help.

Re: How to create a report for contacts who haven't opened the last "x" number of emails

Hello @WesleyB64737. It's great that you want to keep your contact list up-to-date! At this time, we do not have a reporting feature that can find contacts that have not opened an email for a period of time. We do have a blog post that may help you create this report though. You can find it here. I am going to put in some feedback for you in regards to this feature request and I also encourage you to post your thoughts on our Feedback board as well. 

Caitlin M.

Occasional Contributor

Can We Get Reports of Contacts Who Never Opened Any Emails?

I send out several news letters, and I noticed there is no way to generate a report of contacts who have never opened an email. Is there any way to get a report on contacts who either never opened and email, or have not opened an email in the last 30 to 60 days>

Re: Can We Get Reports of Contacts Who Never Opened Any Emails?

Hello @DailyBibleOnline. Great question! At this time, we do not have a feature that will create a report of contacts who have not opened an email over a period of time. However, there is still a way that this report can be created manually. Here is a link to a post we have done previously on how you can create this Did Not Open list. 

I will track this feedback in your account. Also, I encourage you to voice your request as well on our Feedback board. Our Product team uses this board to help make decisions on what features to add or what can be improved in our Product. 

Caitlin M.

Occasional Visitor

Help with growing contact list and poor response

Is there an easy way to identify contacts that never open an email and delete them from our list? If a contact is in multiple lists, are they treated as a single contact or multiple contacts?

Re: Help with growing contact list and poor response

Hello @DanielL7303. We do not have a feature in Constant Contact that will identify these contacts but there is still a way to create this list manually. Check out this blog post that has a step-by-step process on how to create this. 

Also, if a contact is on multiple lists, the contact is treated as a single contact. Under their contact profile, we will display what lists they are on but they are only counted as one contact.

Caitlin M.

Still need help?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!