cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to delete contacts that havent opened emails in last few months

SOLVED
Solution Provider

Re: Is there a way to view contacts who did NOT open my e-mail?

that video link does not work

CTCT Employee

Hi @PaganW

That's a great question! I'm sorry you weren't able to access the video but I'm including a link to an article about the Did Not Open Report and how to find it, as well as some great information on managing and engaging with the contacts on your Did Not Open report. Please feel free to reach out if you need anything else. 

Thank you for choosing Constant Contact. Have a great day!

Adrienne B.
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!

Video - broken link. No help there 

CTCT Employee

Hello @GotchaCoveredKnoxville

It's great to see you in the Community! Thank you as well for letting us know about the broken link in our article. I will be sure to pass that on to our knowledge base team. 

To answer your question you can view the contacts that have not opened your emails by accessing the Did Not Open report. Instruction are are listed here

Please feel free to reach back out if you need any further assistance. 

Thanks! 

Alex S. 

Alex S.

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Highlighted

Hello everyone,

Thank you all for reaching out to the Community with your feedback and questions on creating a cumulative did not open report! As mentioned in previous responses by other Constant Contact employees, we have recently added a Contacts Segments feature to help with creating a Did Not Open list. This tool allows you to create a list that did not open report of contacts for the last 90 days or over your last 500 campaignsPlease continue to share any further feedback on creating a cumulative did not open reports in our feedback section of the Community.

Frankie.P

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Occasional Visitor

It’s an obvious report and list to have, WHO did not open the email isn’t it? We currently manually create a list of who did NOT open the email and re-email to them in a few days. We always get a considerable amount of that list opening the 2nd email.

So currently, most constant contact customers are missing out on a huge number of customers by not knowing who did not open the 1st emailing? Very strange. Re-email to your manually created un-opened list a few days after your first mailing one time and you will want this report too!!!

If you think about it, who you did not reach is more important than the people you did reach isn’t it?

Please add the “Un-Opened” list to the reports.

Thank you.

All Star

Other programs I have used, offer this feature, nice and easy. Constant Contact does not - and its my belief they dont want you deleting people so they can keep up the price level you are on.

They have (IMO) purposely left this feature of their program. Shame if it is.

Honored Contributor

Re: How to track contacts who never open emails

Hi Sharon, To view those that haven't opened your email, you can follow the instructions in this FAQ 5990. This FAQ shows you how to resend to those that haven't opened your email. You can just follow the instructions up to the resending part. I hope that helps! Marissa W. Community & Social Media Support Representative

Occasional Participant

No it really doesn't. I am trying to tracking who hasn't opened my emails over several months so I can delete them. There should be a way to have a report that does this. Like, who didn't open my email this month, last month. Knowing CC, there probably isn't anything like that but it would be nice.

Honored Contributor

Sharon,

Inactive Subscribers.

"Anyone who hasn't opened an email from you or clicked on a link over a period of time can be deemed "inactive." These people are not lost forever, however. Contrary to what you might think, they are like potential new clients, but even better! They loved you before. Now is your chance to make them fall in love with you again. Recently I received an email from a shopping site I used to frequent but had, over time, just stopped paying attention to. The email acknowledged I hadn't shopped there for a while and offered an enticing incentive to get me back. My interest was piqued on two levels: I felt special and I was getting a great offer. The result? I clicked through, the site was back on my radar, and I made a purchase within a week."

Source: The ClickMail Marketer

Before you delete them, try creating a special piece with a custom subject line to draw them in. Then if that fails. BLOW THEM UP. 

How's this for an easier way to clean house.

1.) Make a back up of your master list and download it

2.) Create a new list for "The Openers"

3.) Go over your last X number of emails and merge all the folks that have opened something to the list in step 2.

4.) This should now be a master list of all the folks that have interacted with you.

5.) Delete your old master list.

Rise and repeat.