cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to delete contacts that havent opened emails in last few months

Occasional Contributor

How to delete contacts that havent opened emails in last few months

Does Constant Contact offer a quick way to see contacts that have not opened in months? I know about this method, but is there a quicker / easier way?

https://community.constantcontact.com/t5/Need-help-with-something-else/How-to-delete-contacts-that-h...

The method above is just ridiculous it you send with high frequency, a basic "did not open" report should be available at the contact level, not just the campaign level. If this is not present currently, it seems like something that CC can add relatively easily that would be a tremendous help to users that want to do better to keep their lists clean, which in turn helps ALL of CC's users by helping keep the IP reputation we all share under CC in good standing. 

4 REPLIES 4
Occasional Contributor

Re: How to delete contacts that havent opened emails in last few months

The method above is also incredibly time consuming if, like us, you have a number of different lists corresponding to different products (in our case a number of different magazines we produce) all under the same account. It should be simple to go into any given list and instantly see a report of contacts in that list that have not opened an email over a defined period of time. 

CTCT Employee

Hi @JeffW467

Thanks for bringing your question to the community! We recently rolled out a feature that will allow you to send an email to a specific segment of your contacts. Specifically, you can choose to email any contact who has not opened your email in the last 90 days. More information on quick segmentation can be found in This Article. 

I think this would be a great opportunity for you to send out one last email to folks that might not be as engaged as you would like. Once the email is sent, you will then have a list of people who did not open that last email, and you could remove them from the account in one fell swoop. This would save you the time and energy of compiling all of your non-openers into a single list and give your contacts a chance to get re-engaged.

Nate M. 
Community Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media. Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!

Frequent Visitor

Nate- so are you saying that you can email those who have not opened an email in 90 days but you cannot get the list of those names to delete them? 

Tags (2)

Hi @EustaceK 

That's a great question! The good news is while you can segment these contacts to email them, you can also segment them to be deleted. You can then be add your segment into a list to keep them separated. Once you have created this list you will then be able to delete this list under the Contacts tab in your account.

Frankie P.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.