cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Due to an issue with YouTube, inserting videos in your emails is showing an error. Until they are able to resolve this issue, we recommend using a different video hosting service. We will continue to monitor this outage and update you as we have more information.

How to delete contacts that havent opened emails in last few months

SOLVED

Re: How to track contacts who never open emails

Hi Kevin,

We understand that this is an important feature for customers. We are releasing a complete overhaul to this area of accounts later this year to implement tons of cool features and requested items. These updates will increase reporting detail and management tools in the contacts area of your account. I cannot release an exact timeframe but we do understand the urgency of such features and we will post any updates in the Community as soon as we can.

Thanks for adding in your feedback, I've passed it along on your behalf.

Hannah M.
Community and Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!
Participating Solution Provider

Thanks for replying Hannah, and I do have to say this is what we've heard for literally years and I can totally understand Kevin's frustration as I shared it as well. I thought all companies couldn't tell you if someone opened an email or not because I had only worked with Constant Contact from the beginning. It wasn't until I worked on some other clients accounts with other companies and found out how easy it was to get that report and cannot fathom why CC wouldn't have implemented this earlier except that it would affect their bottom line.

Unfortunately after many years, I gave up and moved over to a company that had better reporting and responses than "later this year".

While I have many good things to say about Constant Contact and still send people your way if they are beginners, I don't know that I would return even if you did get that feature in after all this time.

Hannah, your original response from January 2013 indicates there would be improvement in that year.  Can you advise if there is now a way to report contacts that haven't opened emails during a certain date range (i.e. last 6 months)?

Honored Contributor

Hi @SharonT9 

Thank you for posting. I am not seeing any new information regarding seeing contacts who haven't emails over an extended period of time. You can vote for this here in our Feedback Area.

I apologize for any inconvenience. Follow that thread for updates on that feature request! It's updated by our Developers and Moderators!

Occasional Advisor

Do we really need to be voting for this, wen it should be a standard tool available to us?

We're told Constant Contact is the market leader, but if other companies as shown above can give their customers this information, why can't you?

Customers have been asking for this for years now, it does seem like it's available but you don't want to give us this information as we'd all reduce our contact lists accordingly.

We only want 'constant contact' with our 'constantly reading' customers, not 'constantly not opening' people!

Occasional Participant

Let's face it guys their generic responses "We are installing new featuers" and the ridulous instruction on how to delete people AFTER YEARS of asking leads me to believe they will NEVER add this feature. They lose money if they do. So they act dumb and give brain dead replies to MANY simple requests.  I am looking at **Removed by Moderator** who sends out up to 2000 emails FREE and I have under that amount on CC, in addition they have auto features like Feedburner updates where you emails can do out automatically. So far I'm loving it. Iwill be leaving CC soon. I'm tired of their lies and misguided "help"

All Star

I have been asking for this forever and always get the same response that it "isn't an option as of now."

Ugh.

I know most other companies offer it -- but I am too lazy to switch.

Just hoping CC will eventually provide this -- but surely their reason for not doing so is fear of loss of income.

CTCT Employee

Hello @LarryC47161 , 

Thank you for posting.  Can you also vote for this idea here?  You can click the +Vote to add a vote and then comment, if you would like.  Any other feedback that you have can also be left here.  By voting on the ideas in our Feedback area, it shows our development team that these are features that you (our customers) want.  

Thanks, 

All Star

Constant contact is one of the only newsletter programs that DONT let you do that. They dont want you to shrink your amount of contacts down -they arent concerned about you saving money - only concerned about them making money. 

They will tell you year after year "they are working on it"....

We are switching to another program just because of this reason.

Its shady behavior of them I think

Honored Contributor

Re: How to delete contacts that havent opened emails in last few months

Hi Michelle,

To remove your contacts who haven't opened your email, you can follow the instructions below. Just a note, not all contacts will show up as opens.  We track opens by inserting a 1px by 1px image and when the contact allows images to be viewed, that counts it as an open.  We also only store data for the past 85 days. So you'll be able to remove only up to 90 days ago.

To remove contacts who didn't open:

1. Go to Email Marketing > Reports
    Note: If the email is an autoresponder, click Email Marketing > Autoresponder.
  2. Go to the "Opens" column and click the hyperlinked number.  The "Opened Contact Emails" page lists the email addresses for the contacts who opened this email. 
    Note: If the email is an Autoresponder, the list only shows contacts that have viewed the email in the past 90 days.
  3. Click the Save as List button.
  4. Type the name of a new list or select an existing list in which to save these email addresses.
  5. Click Add Contacts to List.  The adding begins and usually takes place immediately. However, larger lists may take up to 2 hours.

I hope that helps!  Let us know if you have any questions!