Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to delete contacts that havent opened emails in last few months

SOLVED
All Star

How to filter customers who are not opening emails

Hello All,

Was wondering if anyone knows how I can find/filter all customers who have never or rarely open our emails? I would like to delete them or maybe organize them into a list where I can send them one last email to see if they would like to stay on our list or be unsubscribed.

Thanks.

Tags (2)
Occasional Advisor

Re: How to filter customers who are not opening emails

Hi Carol, I'm working on this right now and here's what I'm doing. I wait about 3 weeks after an email goes out. I go to reports and click on Opens. I select all those names and put them into a list called Opens 2016. I do this with each email I send out (you might want to segment them by your list names so you don't mix them all into one list) and over the period of 6 months I've gotten a pretty good number in my Opens list. I did the same thing with Did Not Opens so I have a list of those folks as well. Today I turn on the opt in confirmation feature that Constant Contact offers and sent out a confirmation email to the Did Not Opens to allow those folks one last chance to opt in and receive my emails. If they don't, I will delete them.

That being said, remember that someone might not open a few emails and then come back but my list is as old as Constant Contact and really needed a good cleaning from a financial standpoint and I want to make sure my readers really want my news since we are paying by the number of emails addresses, it's important to cull your list once every few years in my opinion.

CTCT Employee

Hello @Skatemore and @CarolA74

Reviewing your contacts is a great way to keep your contact list clean and growing! There is a great article in the community called "How to create an un-open report for a timeframe" to help you create a list of those that did not open your campaigns and what you can do to re-engage them.

Anna Davila
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.
All Star

Thanks @Skatemore for your advice! I will definitely try it. :smileyhappy:

All Star

And thank you too Anna_D for your input.

Visitor

Re: Is there a way to view contacts who did NOT open my e-mail?

Other programs I have used, offer this feature, nice and easy. Constant Contact does not - and its my belief they dont want you deleting people so they can keep up the price level you are on.

They have (IMO) purposely left this feature of their program. Shame if it is.

Still need help?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!