cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to delete contacts that havent opened emails in last few months

SOLVED
Occasional Advisor

Re: How to track contacts who never open emails

Hmmmmm?  I have owned two Yahoo Stores since 1999 http://www.ArizonaIndianJewelry.com ,,,,there are now approximately 45,000 Yahoo Stores  ...their Forum is here:  http://www.yourstoreforums.com/showthread.php?t=49973&highlight=constant+contact  and they are also trying to cut costs anywhere they can to survive this very bad economy!

I get a kick out of CC soliciting input from their customers to make CC better?

Well?  Please CC?  Give us this option!  I seriously feel CC is being foolish in thinking offering this will make them loose money?  Au Contraire CC!  Please give us this 'tool' to make CC yet a better value!

Sam of http://www.HOA1234.com

Visitor

I've been with CC for years now but seriously my list is too big (getting ready to hit 5000 and I'm not happy about paying more for a bunch of people who don't open) and filled with people who are just costing me money. 

And I would just like to edit to say - if I have to download my list and weed through all the loafers I will DEFINTELY take it somewhere else as a nice, new, shiny, trimmed up list filled with people who love my product and don’t waste my money.  Why WOULD I stay here when you guys made me work so freaking hard to get it that way?  No sense.

I refuse to waste time going through a multi-step process for deleting inactive e-mails as was suggested from CC and will be seriously looking into other newsletter service that can do that and a few other things that CC doesn't integrate well.

FIX THIS ISSUE CC - OR I WILL BAIL.

Occasional Advisor

I think a lot of us are starting to feel this way, which is a shame, as generally the service is good.

HOWEVER  - I was niggled recently too, to have signed up for the survey programme,and cancelled it - as I was told I could - after sening the survey, only to find I can't actually view the results afterwards unless still signe up for it!

To be fair, I found out AFTERWARDS could have exported them into a spreadsheet before cancelling it, but why should we have to? I thought the whole point of CC was it was a one stop centre for seeing and storing the reults - we don't need to export the results of anything else to view it, and if we are an ongoing customer paying a monthly fee with this as an add on, surely we should be able to store results gained from a survey we paid for??

Maybe it is time to look elsewhere too..... :smileymad:

Honored Contributor

Hi Sue,

I sent you a private message about your survey.

Thanks,

Jarrad

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!
Occasional Participant

Spoiler
Jarrad, you send a private message in answer to all of this - what about the rest of the people who are waiting for answers? This is a problem - I have a list which has a lot of 'unopened' why should I pay for people NOT to read what I pay for - if they have 6 months of 'unopened' you should archive them and effectively save us some money - yes it MAY lose you some, but as our lists continue to grow you get it back and then some. Ensuring that we pay for something that we don't actually need is a sure fire way to lose our business altogether - as I have been with CC for around 10 years, surely my custom is worth keeping?

Honored Contributor

Hi,

This was in regards to the users survey and not related to the topic.

We are currently checking to see if we have any updated information on this feature request as we would be happy to share it with the Community.

There is the option of confirmed opt in if you are interested in sending that type of mailing. It will send an email to your contacts and they will need to click a link to confirm their interest in receiving your email. You can find steps to do this here.

Thanks,

Jarrad

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Occasional Participant

What's that ol marketing saying? A happy customer tells 3 people, and unhappy customer tells 10.

As long as they continue to receive customers I doubt any changes are forthcoming. As evidence by the moderator answers throughout this thread (or lack of answers to everyon'se core concern but rather attempts to smoke and mirror people) it seems its more valuable to gain customers and then let frustrated customers drop out with truly damaging feedback to spread to other potential customers.Eventually that will come full circle.

Especially because of what CC does right compared to competitors adding this piece to the puzzle would really do so much for them. This thread has been going on for over a year now and people continue to add to it. If that doesnt speak volumes I dont know what else will.

Occasional Advisor

Hi Jarrad

I've not received the private message.

I'm quite happy though for you to post it as a public reply

Regards

Sue

Honored Contributor

Hi Sue,

If you'd like, I'd be happy to export your survey results and send them to you in an email. Do you have a preferred email address I should send this to?

Thanks,

Jarrad

Occasional Contributor

I would not recommend anyone doing this Opt In feature and not sure why Jarred keeps suggesting it.  There is the strong potential to lose active recipients if they do not respond.  Anyone not responding will no longer receive your emails.

The other day I spent 4 hours isolating the email addresses of people who have not opened my last 3 emails (I've been downloading my opens since the start of the year).  I was surprised to see my mothers email and a few other people on the list who I know for a fact read my emails because they have commented on them and/or forwarded to others.  In any event, I created a customized opt-in email and sent it to 1784 emails on the list.  So far, only 129 people have opened the email and of that number 33 have confirmed their interest and 1 has opted out.  Twenty-three went into bounce, which is interesting since they didn't bounce last week when I sent my last mailing.  Last, what I find interesting is that no matter what I send I end up with a less than 10% open rate, which troubles memost of all.

Still need help?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!