cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to delete contacts that havent opened emails in last few months

SOLVED
Occasional Participant

Re: How to track contacts who never open emails

Must admit that the open rate is pretty poor all round, the bounces are also odd for me - someone I wrote to two days ago by normal email bounced when sent from CC!

If CC can't really tell us the TRUE figure or information for unopened emails, then I see little point in them providing what amounts to spurious information; or in fact relying on their statistics, which from what has been said are 'finger in the wind' statistics////makes you wonder what we are actually paying for, and in this day and age every penny counts.

CC - provide a better statistical analysis for us, or a price rduction in your monthly plans, or both. You have to do something to keep your 'loyal'customer base....after 10 years of being 'loyal' I am beginning to look around......

Occasional Advisor

Hi Jarrad

that would be great, thank you.

It's sue@andersonswholesale.co.uk

Regards

Sue

Honored Contributor

Hi Sue,

I have emailed you your results. I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Jarrad

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!
Occasional Participant

Jarrad, where is the 'accepted solution' button then?I can't find it?

Honored Contributor

Hi Kate,

The Accepted Solution is only available to the person who originally created the topic.

Thanks,

Jarrad

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!
Occasional Advisor

Thanks Jarrad, I've received and stored the email.

I think as you'll see from how long this thread has gone on, and the sheer discontent felt by people about how they're paying for lists with what seems a very common 50% or even much higher unopen rate, that something needs to be doneto:

A)  have a hugely improved tracking system -

there are numerous companies like CC, and huge Britsh and US companies using these marketing programmes weekly or even daily - I get several! - and I can't believe they would put up with not actually knowing who opens their mails. There must be tools in this highly sophisticated technological age that can accurately track an record opened emails

placate and maybe recompense the people who like most of us, thought we would get accurate ( and much higher) results, and this is what we thought we were paying for!

C)  use the tools/technology  these larger companies use  - I think as you can see there is a feeling that many of us may try other companies and whilst on the whole the service an tools CC offer are great, this is obviously a really great source of ever growing discontent

D) if it can't be fixed, then why not make the bands MUCH cheaper or the 'leaps' to the next chargeable numbers MUCH higher, so we don't all feel, as we do now, that we are paying to mail people that we don't actually know if they respond and therefore aying actually quite a HIGH rate for customer?

I for one, recently went into the 5,000+ band. My open rates are showing as well above the industry average on the graphs, but the emails I send always appear to hover around the 1,000 open rate. Most are sent to very regular customers, all of whom have said they're happy to receive mails. Using a normal email programme we can get 'read' receipts, so why can a similar function not be used to monitor this type of mail?

And to finish, with the thought for the day maybe....

If the old fashioned postal service only 'appeared' to deliver a fifth of the mail we sent and didn't really know where the rest had gone,  I think you'd probably concur we'd have a reason to be unhappy - wouldn't you.....?

Occasional Advisor

So?  Would anyone care to post which E-Mail Newsletter Company does provide this great feature?  After being a CC Customer since 1999?  I can no longer afford to waste my money on a Company that Does NOT provide this feature!

Hmmmmm?  I just found this website:  http://www.werockyourweb.com/constant-contact-vs-icontact-vs-vertical-response

I will study it to see if I can find the answer!  Keep Your Fingers Crossed! ...Sam in Henderson http://www.HOA1234.com 

Occasional Advisor

Rosalind deleted my post?............Hmmmm?  Well Kids?  I am going to close my CC acct and go with aWeber !

Trusted Contributor

If you'd like to discuss. I am available.

Rosalind Morville
Occasional Advisor

Rosalind?  Yes I would!  Is there a way using CC for me to delete the e-mail addresses that DO NOT open my Newsletters?  I currently have 800 subscribers...........but the 'open rate' for my weekly Newsletters is only 150-175!  And I am about to add 5,000 more subscribers!  So it is very important that I have this ability to remove people from my list that NEVER open my newsletters!

Still need help?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!