Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to delete contacts that havent opened emails in last few months

SOLVED
Occasional Advisor

Re: How to track contacts who never open emails

I have forgotten......even though I was told:  How To

I do NOT like CC's New Editor!  The old one was MUCH BETTER in every way!

I got a phone call from a CC Support Person who told me how to switch back to the Old Editor?  But of course?  I have forgotten How To Do It?

Can someone here tell me how to Switch Back to the Old CC Editor?

Thank You!

Sam in Henderson of www.HOA1234.com

Honored Contributor

Hi Sam,

We cannot switch you back to the old WYSIWYG editor, but you may be able to access our Classic Wizard by creating a new email and selecting Classic Wizard as your choice of editor. Keep in mind that the Classic Wizard is no longer being supported and you may run into issues with it.

If you're having trouble with your current email with the WYSIWYG editor, try adding a new block or clearing styles from the current block.

If you need immediate assistance, please call us at 1-866-289-2101. We are open until 8:00 PM EST Saturday and Sunday.

Thanks,

Jarrad

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!
Regular Participant

Thank you both Bryon and Andrew for sharing your work arounds with the community.  I will continue to look into the issues you have brought up and will post more info every week or two here as I have more to share.  In the meantime I am collecting all these best practices for working with our products.  My goal is to find a way to share this info with all of our customers since I am certain that many will benefit.  

Jonathan Mandell
Product Manager - Reporting and Analytics
Developer

What a wonderful discussion going on here! I might actually reference this thread on my blog, it does a great job of illustrating why having a CRM system in place is so important for all businesses, large and small. CC is great for the phsical construction and delivery of emails. List management, tracking, and reporting however....that's where CRM really shines.

InfoGrow - Accelerating Growth Through Better Sales and Marketing Decisions

Link Your Constant Contact efforts to Microsoft CRM with CRM2Emails, available on the CC Marketplace.

Honored Contributor
Moved:

This post has been removed or reported as abuse by another community member.

All Star

This is a major problem that should be a simple solution for Constant Contact to implement. It would be extremely helpful to be able to run this report without wasting countless time trying to manipulate the data.

Frequent Visitor

There is a product on AbleBits.com that removes duplicates Plus the first entry from spreadsheets in Excel.

Its called Removing Excel Duplicates. - it goes beyond what the standard remove duplicate does that comes with Excel

There is a 15 day trial

Export your list of all contacts

Then export list of contacts that opened emails

Merge them into the same spread sheet in excel

Run ablebits duplicate wizard in excel

Remove duplicates +1 (original)

What is left is those that never opened your email. Load them back into constant contact to do a seperate email to those.

Or do what ever you want with them

Regular Participant

Thanks for that work around Dennis while we continue to work on a Did Not Opens report.  I want to also reiterate that someone that opens your email and is not displaying images in their email program will not be counted as an open unless they click on a link.  This is how every email company tracks opens.  So, it is possible to have people that will tell you they opened and read your email but they still appear as if they did not.  This is why we do not recommend removing everyone that appears as having not read your email.

Over the course of several email campaigns you can assume that those people that have images turned off will always have them off and those that have them on will always have them on, so you can track the improvement in open rate over time. 

Thanks,

Jonathan

Jonathan Mandell
Product Manager - Reporting and Analytics
Visitor

No report to see who didn't open an email?

Is there really no way to generate a report of people that didn't open a specific email, STILL?

I actually called in for support 3 months ago to find out how to do this, or where I could find the report, and was basically told that in order to accomplish that kind of report, that I more or less had to save a .csv file of ALL the subscribers, then a seperate .csv of the subscribers that DID open the email, and manually remove them one by one from the master list.

Why?

Every other AR that I've ever worked with has this as a "basic" function that can be done with one click of the mouse. Plus, I've seen this exact thing requested here on the board several times. Not only that, but the lady I spoke with on the support call, said that she's had that request more than a few times.

I'm in disbelief that it wasn't a feature to begin with, but I'm really concerned that the issue hasn't been addressed even after repeated requests by paying customers.

Occasional Participant

Re: How to track contacts who never open emails & Tracking Drop Outs

Just as a follow-up: I had 461 bounced-mails (out of over 5,000) on my last mailing that were listed as 'non-existent addresses'. Since I did not believe that all 461 were 'non-existent', I downloaded those addresses and sent them out via my business e-mail account and asked them to reply or I'd take them off my list. Well, I got quick returns from 7 people requesting that they stay on my list. I know that this thread is primarily about tracking people that never open emails (and to that I say 'Good Luck')... but I think it is a much more serious issue when you cannot depend upon the system identifying 'non-existent' addresses!!! Sure 7 people out of 461 is a low percentage... but it really should be ZERO for this category! Jonathon, any comment?

Still need help?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!