CHEERS!  FOR ROSALIND!

Bless Your Heart!

You made this old man a Happy Guy!

YOU ARE THE BEST!  HOORAY!

.....Sam

www.sam1234.com

Trusted Contributor

Re: How to track contacts who never open emails & Tracking Drop Outs

Thanks. The audio file make me smile, but not as much as the words themselves.  Welcome home Sam.

Rosalind Morville
Occasional Visitor

Re: Is there a way to view contacts who did NOT open my e-mail?

It’s an obvious report and list to have, WHO did not open the email isn’t it? We currently manually create a list of who did NOT open the email and re-email to them in a few days. We always get a considerable amount of that list opening the 2nd email.

So currently, most constant contact customers are missing out on a huge number of customers by not knowing who did not open the 1st emailing? Very strange. Re-email to your manually created un-opened list a few days after your first mailing one time and you will want this report too!!!

If you think about it, who you did not reach is more important than the people you did reach isn’t it?

Please add the “Un-Opened” list to the reports.

Thank you.

Regular Participant

Re: How to track contacts who never open emails

For anyone interested I will be holding a webinar next Tuesday from 4-5 EST where I will walk though some new reporting concepts.  You have all been great at giving me some valuable feedback, so I would love it if you could join me.  There are only 15 spots open so please register.

http://events.constantcontact.com/register/event?llr=v58u9ghab&oeidk=a07e5sn5rmreea09af6

Thank you so much,

Jonathan 

Jonathan Mandell
Product Manager - Reporting and Analytics
Occasional Advisor

How to find all emails that never open

How do I find all the emails in my mailing list that never open the messages we send them?  I want to cleanup my list.  We have had it for several years. 

Is there a clean up function to find emails that never open or are bad etc?

Honored Contributor

Re: How to find all emails that never open

UPDATED: October 2018

We have recently added the Contacts Segments tool that allows you to create a list of contacts that did not open any of your last 5 emails, a specific email, or any email. Please click here to learn more about using our Segments feature.

The information below is the steps to manually create a did not open list.

-----

Hi -

Great question!  If you want to remove those contacts who haven't opened an email from you, you can check out these FAQs on how to location contacts that do not open your email and how to remove them from a listJust a note, we track opens by inserting a very tiny image and when your contacts choose to download images, we count that as an open. That means that if someone doesn't download images but does open your email is not counted.

To clean up your bounces, check out FAQ 5288: Managing, Removing, and Preventing Bounced Emails.

Any questions, let us know! Hope those FAQs help!

Tags (3)
Frequent Visitor

Re: Is there a way to view contacts who did NOT open my e-mail?

This works like a charm. Thanks!

Occasional Participant

Hi There-

Well, I've been waiting since December - or was it January - when Jonathan promised we would get a simple reporting function allowing us to find those who: a) hadn't opened emails in some time b) opened emails consistently.

It is just plain common sense to be able to reward both of those groups. It leads to good feelings and more business.

Acutally, I've been waiting since I discovered this lack in '05 after about a year with Constant Contact, when I had enough history that this data would be useful.

The ability to see this data only one email at a time is very restrictive. I've sent out over 100,000 emails in the last twelve months. Do you really suppose I am going to go through each one to get basic data?

After 7 years of patience and work arounds, this is leading me to conclude that Constant Contact is only for hobbyists or the very small not-quite-a-real business.

Sincerely yours,

Tom Dotz

Regular Participant

Hi Tom,

We have been working hard on these reports and I would love to show you the progress we have made.  Would you be willing to chat about this next week sometime?

Thanks,

Jonathan

Jonathan Mandell
Product Manager - Reporting and Analytics
Occasional Participant

I would be delighted.

email me at tomd@nlpco.com and let's set up a time.

Still need help?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!