Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to edit HTML and CSS

Highlighted
Occasional Visitor

How to edit HTML and CSS

Hello all,

I am a new Constant Contact Subscriber. 

I am wondering how to edit the HMTL and CSS of an email template.

I would like to do something as simple as increasing the outer border thickness. I know this can be done very easily using CSS.

As customer service is closed on the weekends, I have looked up many help links, such as this one: https://knowledgebase.constantcontact.com/articles/KnowledgeBase/5879-using-the-style-sheet-in-a-cam...

The interface shown in that link is not the interface I see when I edit my templates. Clearly, that help link is very outdated. All help links I have viewed show that same interface: there is a tab called Style Sheet. This tab does not exist on my interface and I can find no way to edit the style sheet. How can that be? How can all help links be outdated? And back to my original question, how can I eddit my template's style sheet?

Thank you 

Tags (3)
2 REPLIES 2
CTCT Employee

Re: How to edit HTML and CSS

Hi @AriA987,

I'm sorry for the confusion with your account templates and our online resources. Your account utilizes our Next-Generation Editor whereas you are correct that the templates do not have an accessible Style Sheet. This editor uses our new drag-and-drop functionality. However, you can access the Help Center specifically for your account by clicking the Help icon in the top right corner:

2016-09-12_13-20-11.png

Please note your account also has the ability to create custom email campaigns in HTML or XHTML using your own code. You'll see the link for that option when clicking Campaigns > Create > Send an Email > Custom code:

2016-09-12_13-30-42.png

If you would like to access templates that do include a Style Sheet, please send an email to social_support(at)constantcontact(dot)com with your request and we'd be happy to further assist you.

Nichelle M
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Advisor

How to edit HTML and CSS

I use the advanced editor and build css styles into the header and use the same one for each email. Then I hand-code the html in the email. I have tried using a style sheet with a link in the email, but got some mixed results with the interpretation of the style sheet directions. Having the styles built into the header has given me very solid, consistent results.